Info for Verizonwireless.com orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trey M, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

So, I was somehow able to begin the pre-order process at 1:56AM my time (4 minutes early) and I completed the entire process by 2AM. I have never experienced an Apple preorder that pain free. I suppose it was because I got it in early, but literally it was like loading a normal webpage. No strain whatsoever on my computer.

Anywho, now that I was able to get my order in, I was scared about not receiving an email. I also checked in MyAccount in Verizon for recent orders placed and it didn't show up. However, I'm certain this is a cache issue and Verizon will update once they totally process your pre-order.

To confirm they received your order, visit:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/order-status

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do <<< use this one

This will at least confirm they have received your pre-order and that it is currently processing (hence, why it isn't showing up under MyAccount > Recent Orders). Hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

2. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

im so mad..i tried to order the 6 plus but I COULD NOT for the life of me find the 2GB $60 single line plan to order. It was trying to get me to buy the more anything for $100...fml now the ship date is like a week later :((((

3. ben123456 macrumors regular

4. Trey M thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trey M

5. thiswho macrumors member

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Not me.

I also couldn't get my employee discount to work. I guess I'll have to call tomorrow and make sure I get my activation fee waived.

7. luked14 macrumors 6502

8. ChubZ macrumors regular

I didn't get a confirmation email either but that's normal. My credit card however, hasn't been charged yet. I don't think they charge until it is actually shipped. At least that's how it's been in the past with Verizon.

But yeah, Verizon was smooth compared to ATT and Apple

9. roflc0pter macrumors regular

Should've just chose some random plan checked out immediately. A quick phone call with Verizon will have the plan switched real quick.

10. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

I got lucky. I was waiting around at like 11:58 and decided to check out the verizon website and saw preorders started. I went through as a test to see if it was real and it felt like normal, no strain. Got my order in by 12:04. All my friends can't get theirs because they were too late. Never attempting to preorder from apple again. Carriers have much less strain.

11. leftofseinfeld macrumors newbie

Got the confirmation email at 210AM, approximately 12 minutes after I ordered.

And now at 229AM I received a text message from Verizon asking me to authorize the order by replying: Yes/No.

12. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Order went smoothly. Received order confirmation email!!

13. Trey M thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Got my email confirmation now.

I have a question for you guys. When ordering from the Verizon site, it asked me if I wanted to keep my sim card or get a new one. Thought this was interesting.

I actually had to order the upgrade through my Dad's phone number since he was the only one with the upgrade. I selected to have the device keep the same sim card as before, and in reality I'm just going to stick my sim card in from my iPhone 5 when the iPhone 6 arrives. Hoping I won't run into any activation issues due to this Sim card selection option.

14. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

My order seemingly went through but when I check that link it says there was an error and to check the email they sent but I haven't received my confirmation email.

However, if I go back and act like I'm going to upgrade the same line it says that I already have a device ordered for that line.

15. willydimes macrumors regular

my 6 plus order email was there, still no luck getting back into the site to make a second order

16. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

damn, your right I should have. guess i'll be lining up outside the Verizon store on the 19th..

17. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

If I'm not mistaking all iPhones come with a brand new simcard inside the box... So you can activate the new simcard on your line by calling 611

18. mace85 macrumors newbie

Same here. Got in 4 or 5 minutes early. Ordered a 16GB 6 and a 64GB 6+ inside of two minutes. Delivery date: 9/19!

19. selmy macrumors newbie

Are you sure about this? Lol I've been hovering over the Submit button with a plan I don't want, on hold with Verizon.

20. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

My order is acknowledged and confirmed according to the link. But mine says ship date: 9/19 on the link. I'm assuming it means delivery, because I ordered it quickly and the confirmation says delivery by 9/19.

21. OSK9261 macrumors member

In the last pre order people that had later delivery dates at checkout still received the phone on launch day with everyone else.

22. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Says my order is in process. Does anyone know if it's ok that I used my debit card but the billing name is my mom's? It wouldn't let me change the name because she's the account owner. The addresses are all the same though.

23. Trey M thread starter macrumors 6502a

Trey M

In my experience with online ordering forms the Billing Name is really the last point of verification that is ever checked, so I'm (fairly) certain you will have no issues with the order.

24. Dubberton macrumors regular

3:57am eastern time, my order for iPhone 6+ 64gb in silver went through. Delivery date says 9/19. I thought all hope was lost. Thankfully nobody wanted that one but me hahahahahaha