Info needed regarding 27" iMac ATI 4850 in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cosrocket, Feb 7, 2010.

1. cosrocket macrumors regular

Can someone with a 27 inch iMac with the ATI Radeon 4850 video card running Windows 7 via bootcamp please look under device manager and let me know the driver version and date. Thanks in advance.

2. Zortrium macrumors 6502

I don't have my iMac in front of me right now, but two days ago I installed Windows 7 x64 on it and used the up-to-date Catalyst driver from ATI (the 1/27/2010 driver). Haven't played any games on it yet but everything seemed to work fine.

3. cosrocket thread starter macrumors regular

The reason I ask is because I attempted to install the ATI Catalyst driver 10.1, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. When I tried to install it for some reason it does not install, it runs through but when I checked under Device manager the updated driver was not there. I then uninstalled it and I believe it might have even gone back to an earlier version, version 8xxx from 9/23/09. I think I remebered the original driver from Apple was version 9xxx from 11/09. When I try to update the driver through Device Manager I get a message that the latest driver is installed, even though there is the 10.1 version from 1.10 available from the ATI site.
    I have no idea why I cannot install the current driver. I only tried to install the driver itself, not the whole software package.