Infograph not in color

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Alright, I’m sure I’m going to feel like a moron when I figure this out, but I’m having the same issue. Was this a design change or is there a setting I need to disable as all of my infograph watch faces are monochrome, even though they’re in color in the watch app.

Bug or am I just being daft?

Mickeddie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
I went to the watch app and changed the color to the second from the left - the gray one after the white one.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I went to the watch app and changed the color to the second from the left - the gray one after the white one.
Thanks. I coincidentally discovered the same setting. A bit ironic that the different color options are all monochrome. :rolleyes: I’m guessing it’s a bug. I’m filing feedback just in case.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Thanks. I coincidentally discovered the same setting. A bit ironic that the different color options are all monochrome. :rolleyes: I’m guessing it’s a bug. I’m filing feedback just in case.
Someone on another thread regarding the new watch faces seemed to believe this was a feature.

I’m personally looking forward to it as I find the Infograph face is too much for my taste and would love to have a single shade version.

Particularly as this face has a lot of complications (which I like on a smart watch).

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Someone on another thread regarding the new watch faces seemed to believe this was a feature.

I’m personally looking forward to it as I find the Infograph face is too much for my taste and would love to have a single shade version.

Particularly as this face has a lot of complications (which I like on a smart watch).
It’s a feature, even demonstrated on WWDC keynote.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

rmw49

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011

It's already there. Go to the watch app on your iPhone.General/Accessibility/Grey scale

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
It's already there. Go to the watch app on your iPhone.General/Accessibility/Grey scale
That was an interesting experiment, thank you.

Not really the same experience though in that I understand on the WatchOS 6 Beta you can choose from many different singular shades.

Using Greyscale as a temporary measure is a bit like the comparison between using Smart Invert and Dark Mode.