Infograph Watch Face Accidental Button Presses?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by omelet1978, Oct 24, 2018.

1. omelet1978 macrumors regular

Hi,

Love the infograph watch face but I’ve noticed that the top right button (lack of a better way to describe it) seems to get accidentaly pressed quite a bit. I have weather up there, so I’ll look at my watch and it’ll be displaying the weather app. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a recommendation.

I use Infograph Modular more as a result. It’s not as fancy looking but rather useful with a digital clock and hourly weather forecast.

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I haven’t had that issue.

I did learn recently that if you interact with the Digital Crown, the Watch will ignore touch input from the right side of the screen for a second or so to prevent accidental touches. I was able to test this by rotating the crown and then trying to swipe to a new watch face from the right side of the screen.

If you are able to turn the crown and then swipe to a new face from right to left immediately, it could be that there is an issue (software or hardware).

Otherwise, it’s possible that you’re accidentally touching the screen right before you touch the crown.

3. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

I’ve had this issue. My top right is the workout complication and I accidentally touch it from time to time.

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Happening with me for the bottom left. I think it’s just because the screen touch area is close to the edge to inadvertently I’m touching that while handling the watch.

5. Mikeeee macrumors 6502

Mikeeee

Happens to me all the time. Top right. I wear the watch on right arm with crown on right side. I must be brushing the top right complication.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I do not use that watch face but can see how it would be more sensitive to accidentally touching with so many complications.

7. BillGates1969 macrumors 6502

BillGates1969

I get it a lot - must be the larger screen area. Sure I'll get used to it :)

LOVING the S4 by the way :)

8. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I get this, top right... I also have the weather app, so I look at my watch and at least once per day it shows the weather app.

9. omelet1978 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you guys think this is a software bug or are they just putting too much on the screen? I switched to inforgraph modular, so that solves the problem even though it does not look as fancy

10. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

It's not a bug, its mostly on us making sure we don't accidentally press the complications. For me its just getting used to the larger, more involved, screen compared to my S3.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It is just having so many "touch targets" on a single watch face.

12. omelet1978 thread starter macrumors regular

I’m left handed and did some experimentation and put the sunrise/sunset thing on the top left part of the infograph. That seemed to to help with the accidental presses. So if you are right handed if you do the same with the top right it might help as well

13. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

This happens to me all the time when I was wearing my series 2 and earlier. However, this occurs less frequently after I got my series 4. I still have a complication on top right. Not sure why.