Infographic creation

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by cool11, Apr 16, 2015.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I would like to know if there are good and specific applications in osx, especially for creating 'infographics'.

2. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

I don't know any specific ones but I guess Omnigraffle might do the trick if you already have it (wouldn't purchase it just for that thought!). I've been using an online solution for a while - https://infogr.am. It's not perfect in a free version but you might have a look at it.

3. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

That's pretty broad. Exactly what sort of infographics are you looking for? Have you got any examples?

4. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

I am interested in several topics.
    Some examples are:
    local development data, resume(cv), social activities related information etc.

5. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

I want to own what I create.
    I want to create infografic with my mac, and save/export as a file, for any use.

I don't want to use an online service, giving my personal details to others, they can start charge after a while, they do not allow exporting to file etc...

6. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

I've done a quick search on MAS and most "apps" seem to be actually templates for Word or Pages, which you can probably find free online and tweak them to your needs. Even though Pages / Word are not specifically designed for this, you might give them a try.

You might still consider Omnigraffle as you seem to be interested in various types of infographics and it's a very powerful tool.

Alternatively any vector software might do the trick for your needs such as Illustrator, Affinity Designer or Inkscape. I've done a few of my CVs using Illustrator and InDesign so I know it's possible as they are powerful tools.

One more free software you could possibly try is iBooks Author, which is primarily used to create books for iBooks and I haven't tried it myself for anything like this.

7. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I do my infographics by hand, is the only way. Very time consuming but I have never found a software to do just that. I use illustrator and create my icons.

Here is my resume for example, I am a project manager and I placed everything in a time line. Very self explanatory.

Attached Files: