Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I would like to know if there are good and specific applications in osx, especially for creating 'infographics'.

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
I don't know any specific ones but I guess Omnigraffle might do the trick if you already have it (wouldn't purchase it just for that thought!). I've been using an online solution for a while - https://infogr.am. It's not perfect in a free version but you might have a look at it.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I am interested in several topics.
Some examples are:
local development data, resume(cv), social activities related information etc.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I want to own what I create.
I want to create infografic with my mac, and save/export as a file, for any use.

I don't want to use an online service, giving my personal details to others, they can start charge after a while, they do not allow exporting to file etc...

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
I've done a quick search on MAS and most "apps" seem to be actually templates for Word or Pages, which you can probably find free online and tweak them to your needs. Even though Pages / Word are not specifically designed for this, you might give them a try.

You might still consider Omnigraffle as you seem to be interested in various types of infographics and it's a very powerful tool.

Alternatively any vector software might do the trick for your needs such as Illustrator, Affinity Designer or Inkscape. I've done a few of my CVs using Illustrator and InDesign so I know it's possible as they are powerful tools.

One more free software you could possibly try is iBooks Author, which is primarily used to create books for iBooks and I haven't tried it myself for anything like this.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
I do my infographics by hand, is the only way. Very time consuming but I have never found a software to do just that. I use illustrator and create my icons.

Here is my resume for example, I am a project manager and I placed everything in a time line. Very self explanatory.

Attachments

• Reinaldo Torres INFO 2015B.jpg
    Reinaldo Torres INFO 2015B.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 209
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.