Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
Hi Guys,

I have a new Watch Series 4 and an iPhone X all updated to the latest firmware.

I am using the infographic watch face with the calendar complication top centre

My issue is that the date does not update. Every day that I come to the watch, it shows yesterdays date but when I click into the calendar, it is on the correct date.

The only way that I can get the date correct, is to reboot the watch and then it is fine until the next day when it is a day out again.

I haven't tried repairing it yet, but that is my last resort.

Do. you guys have any other ideas.

Thanks in advance

Jason

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Hi Guys,

I have a new Watch Series 4 and an iPhone X all updated to the latest firmware.

I am using the infographic watch face with the calendar complication top centre

My issue is that the date does not update. Every day that I come to the watch, it shows yesterdays date but when I click into the calendar, it is on the correct date.

The only way that I can get the date correct, is to reboot the watch and then it is fine until the next day when it is a day out again.

I haven't tried repairing it yet, but that is my last resort.

Do. you guys have any other ideas.

Thanks in advance

Jason
I filed this as a bug with Apple.

They are aware of it because they closed my bug report as "a duplicate of 44704382" bug report.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
On that note, isn't' it baffling how such an obvious bug, that is so widespread can make it through beta testing and not get caught and fixed??
Clearly, there will be bugs, but ones this this one not getting caught are mind boggling given the number of beta testers, etc.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
On that note, isn't' it baffling how such an obvious bug, that is so widespread can make it through beta testing and not get caught and fixed??
Clearly, there will be bugs, but ones this this one not getting caught are mind boggling given the number of beta testers, etc.
I don't run betas, but it seems like a lot of beta users complain about bugs online rather than filing a bug report.

Reactions: ob81

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
It beggars belief that this bug crept through, even the Alpha testing should have found that one out. Very irritating

I know it is only a first world problem, but it does take the shine off things

Jason

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
It beggars belief that this bug crept through, even the Alpha testing should have found that one out. Very irritating

I know it is only a first world problem, but it does take the shine off things

Jason
In all fairness, this is a brand new watch face released with the Series 4 watch. They didn't have a public beta program for this one. Take a breath and wait for an update.

Reactions: oeagleo

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
It doesn't happen to me, so it's not as simple as it sounds.

That said, the number of even happy path bugs that are turning up in apple stuff doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

SaddleSC

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Mine fixes it by going to a different watch face and back again...

Yep...that is my preferred solution as well...still feels like a workaround. The infographic faces leave a lot to be desired...how is it possible that iMessage is not an available complication? Hopefully, this gets an update soon.

It would also be nice if there was cellular complication (like on the center of the Explorer face) with signal strength when you are using LTE. It would fit nicely in one of the corners of the Infographic face.

Reactions: jbizzybeetle

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Some people in another thread were saying that when their weather complication gets stuck or displays "–" instead of data, switching the watch face fixes it.

I wonder if this isn't part of a larger bug refreshing data in the complication....

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Some people in another thread were saying that when their weather complication gets stuck or displays "–" instead of data, switching the watch face fixes it.

I wonder if this isn't part of a larger bug refreshing data in the complication....
That's nothing new. Been that way for me for as long as I can remember.

The watch is pretty buggy in general, especially for an Apple device.

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK
The AQI complication won’t update for me either. I’m sure they’ll sort it but it’s annoying when you pay good money for these things and even the most basic functionality isn’t right.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Yep, my date/calendar complication updated without switching faces once I entered my passcode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.