Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rory.reilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Hi, I'm thinking of creating an infographic as a graphic design project but am stuck for ideas, I have a few but I'm not really sure. Anyway if you have any suggestions then feel free to post them

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
So you could, for instance graph the number of people using Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Reddit, etc.

Those numbers should be available.

It might even be interesting to compare that to the number of emails sent and even the numbers of letters sent through snail mail ... just for comparison.

What were your thoughts?

radug

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
UK
it has to be useful & new

for an infographic to be appreciated by most folk (excluding design issues here) , it has to either present something we've all seen before in a novel way, or present something we haven't seen represented graphically before. if you want to do something 'social', look at how social networks affects us, humans, not plotting social networks sizes as that's been done in a myriad of flavours already. example : how does a day in the life of a twitterer differ from that of a facebooker ? etc

on top of the previous link, check out this :

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/

and buy the book !!!! countless hours of fun for the price of a couple of milkshakes :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007294662/thegooddrugsg-21

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
... how does a day in the life of a twitterer differ from that of a facebooker ? etc

One thing an infographic does is convey real data in an interesting visual way.

How does one quantify "a day in the life of a twitterer differ from that of a face booker"? What data can be used to measure that?

An infographic without data is simply art. And that's not what the OP said the assignment was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.