Infomagic equivalent for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shazziej, Jul 6, 2010.

1. shazziej macrumors newbie

Back before I converted, I constantly used a terrific freeware program for Windows called Infomagic (http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,49846-order,1-page,1/description.html). It was a simple and sweet little database for storing all kinds of information: phone numbers for workmen and appliance repair people, recipes, tables of contents, whatever.

It was searchable and easy and didn't take up much space.

Can anyone recommend an equivalent program for my Mac? I run Mac OS X 10.5.8.

2. steveoc macrumors regular

Circus Ponies' Notebook would do that, but it's not free. It's $50, but I think they have an academic discount making it $30. Great Program.

I use DEVONthink Pro for heavier duty research work. They have other cheaper versions such as DEVONnote at $25 and a academic discount of 25%. Nice thing about DEVONnote, is that they have a nice upgrade policy if you need to step up to Personal $50, Pro $80, $140 Pro Office, or Info Worker Pro Office $170 (all with a 25% off academic discount).

There are others like Barebones Yojimbo that I am less familiar with. $39/$29 academic.

3. steveoc macrumors regular

How about that. Circus Ponies Notebook is 50% off today (July 7) on macupdate.

4. shazziej thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Steve--I'm doing a NoteBoooks trial. It's a bit fancier than infomagic, but I think it may well serve my needs.