Informal Survey -- Screen Protector or No

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Renator, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Renator macrumors member

I am currently using a screen protector with my IPT, but hate the fact that it is virtually impossible to get a few of the blankity-blank bubbles out of it. I'm just curious what others are doing.

2. delude macrumors 6502

I have a static screen protector on. When you first put it on you are meant to use a credit card to push the bubbles out, it worked for me and I have no problem :D

3. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

i bought a pack at radioshack for 3 bucks.

using the card supplied i got all the bubbles out.

4. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I bought an Invisible Shield for my touch and it was the best £15.99 I've spent.

It took about 40 minutes to apply and a couple of days to settle down but now it looks great.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

im still on the protective film it comes with but i already ordered some from ebay

6. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I got an invisible shield but only put it on the back. I leave my screen naked and it looks great - No scratches (I've had it since September).

The glass is really much better than the plastic surface they used to use on other/older iPods.

I do try to take care of the front of course...I didn't go throwing it around or put it in pockets with potentially scratchy things or anything...

7. duve macrumors newbie

I have had my touch since October with no scratches and no protection. I bought a PED3 from Thought Out. It's a heavy weight stand to attach the touch to so it is never laying around. I don't use my Mac to charge the touch. I have the Apple USB connector to plug in directly to an outlet. Most of the time I use the Duracell attachment to charge the touch. Only 13.50 at Duracell's web site. I can use the Apple USB connector to charge it also.

8. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I use power supply 'anti glare film'. it works great. as you know, even you adjust brightness, it is still brighter. sometimes you have to do in sunny day outside. anti-glare film have no reflection. it's like matte screen on your laptop. I highly recommend it.

9. starprincess8 macrumors newbie

starprincess8

I still have the plastic cover that came on the screen when I bought it. I have had it since September and it is working very nicely! You can hardly tell that there is anything on my screen!

10. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

11. dagored macrumors 65816

12. elmo151 Guest

installed one on my iPhone last night. bought it after I noticed a few scratches ( i shouldn't keep keys and phone in the same pocket :eek: )

13. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

No screen protector. I'm just careful where I carry it and make sure it doesn't contact keys of stuff like that.