information needed for upgrade swap?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonenub, Oct 7, 2011.

1. iphonenub macrumors regular

Now that I preordered my iPhone I figured I would ask, what info do I need to upgrade swap? I was told by you guys that once the phone is in my hand to call ATT, I'm assuming I need the upgrade number and my number but is there anything else?

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

It'll come with information on how to swap phones.

3. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

oh really? well, that is good to know thank you. My nerves are finally at ease and now I just have to wait a week.

4. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

No it will not arrive with information to perform an "Upgrade Swap"!

First we need to know who you ordered it from, Apple or AT&T and then we need to know a little about the upgrading line. Since this line is actually being updated and a new contract started, we need to know if it is also an iPhone with a Micro-SIM or if it is another device with a larger Mini-SIM. Since this donor line will also have gotten an iPhone data plan, if it is not an iPhone then you will want to confirm that the iPhone data plan get's removed.

You might be able to perform all the steps at home without calling AT&T. It is also very helpful if the person that donated the upgrade is with you since depending on the skills of the rep, their current SIM may get deactivated and need to be replaced.

Dave

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I would think you need the sim card number on the box. Call AT&T and tell them you are doing an upgrade swap and want that sim card number associated with the correct phone number.

6. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Bingo....

I just had this conversion in the AT&T store. All I have to do is either call or go into the store and they will do the upgrade swap with the IMEI number. This number is located on the box and in the phone settings page. There is no need to switch sim cards and all that jazz.

7. iphonenub thread starter macrumors regular

Alright know the 2 numbers and locate the IMEI simple enough. Thanks guys.