Information overload

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nasdaq, Aug 7, 2009.

1. nasdaq macrumors newbie

Hi.

I am not an Iphone owner. I found a iphone but was not able to contact the owner so I am keeping it :) .
    I am actually sending the Iphone as a gift to someone currently living in Brazil.

Well I have been looking for hours through the forums and am so confused with so many terms being used. from what i understood so far is that i need to jaibreak and unlock the iphone with some program called Pwned ?

but I also read that the iphone 3g cannot be unlocked only jailbroken.

My question is what do i actually have to do to get the phone working in brazil with both the phone service and the internet. are there any special apps i need to preload so they can have full access to everything including the app store ?

Sorry for being a newb and asking instead of searching but I have searched and am overloaded with information.

So is this the Iphone world ? ENDLESS information ? I might have to get my self one.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Upgrade to 3.0.1 in iTunes, and then download and run Redsn0w and point it to your 3.0 IPSW, and then add the source "repo666.ultrasn0w.com" to cydia, and then download "ultrasn0w" and your phone will be magically unlocked. :)

3. nasdaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Before i do that do i need to jailbreak the phone ? also will the phone be able to access the internet and app store without any further "hacking" ?

4. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

yes yes yes

5. nasdaq thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so jailbreak the phone using Pwn.
    Then unlock using snow.

and walla i can send the phone over and he is good to go. Cool thanks a ton. I am going to go try to find a program to change the language to portuguese for him.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Unlocking a phone requires jailbreaking. You need to read the guides we have on MR.