Information straight from the horses mouth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tritonj, Jun 16, 2008.

1. tritonj macrumors 6502a

2. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

Thanks. I did this. I can't stand all the speculation so you are right, I'll just wait and see what ATT and Apple say when they are ready to say it.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

FEATURES
    *AT&T's super-fast mobile broadband network puts iPhone 3G in the broadband fast lane with download speeds of up to 1.4 Mbps.
    *Find your location, get directions, and even track your progress along your route using Maps with GPS.
    *With support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, iPhone delivers push email, calendar, and contacts.
    *The App Store lets you browse applications and download them directly to your iPhone.
    *Available in 8GB (black) and 16GB (black or white) models.
    *Add a Consumer Data Plan for iPhone 3G to a qualified voice plan for $30 per month.
    *Add an Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone 3G to a qualified voice plan for $45 per month.

Good info. :cool:

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I hope that texts are included in the iPhone plans, also hoping that upgrading to unlimited will be less than $20.

5. meagain macrumors 68030

Yea, I'm fine with the extra $10 but extra $5 on the data plan for a total of another $15 (x 2 people here = $30) just rubs me the wrong way. I'd rather buy another $600 phone.

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Not gonna happen. Texts are still seperate. $20 will remain the price for unlimited texting which falls in line with every other smart phone.

7. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

The good thing for me is I have a family plan with myself and two other lines. Unlimited family messaging for $30 a month. This separate text plan on iPhone does not impact me as the other two lines already have the family messaging plan.

8. meagain macrumors 68030

And that's just too much money. Robbery. For texting? Gosh I hate these companies. How much bandwidth does texting suck up? It can't be much.

9. ramblintoad macrumors member

Notice the prices have a * next to them.

* = Qualified customers only. 2 year contract required. Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Based on iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) purchases. Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.

Looks like you have to be upgrade eligible.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm with you on the Family UTM Plan for $29.99 a month (been with it since day one that it became available), since I'm at 6,000 text messages per month on average. :p

11. tritonj thread starter macrumors 6502a

well they can define who is "upgrade eligible" which according to the information floating around is everyone. but we will see. it makes sense for them to let everyone get in on it, because everyone who is using a regular phone now with a $39.99 plan would all of a sudden have to get a $69.99 plan. and the iPhone is the one phone that has that cross-user appeal, up till now, only people who wanted the smartphone functions bought one, but the iPhone has the cross-over appeal for the rest of the regular users