Infuriating problem with iOS7 GM

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Steedie86, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Steedie86 macrumors member

Steedie86

Hi all,

So I installed the GM on Tuesday as did a lot of you, and since then had a hugely frustrating problem.

My BBC News app didn't download while restoring, it just seemed to hang, so I deleted it and downloaded it again manually via the app store. Since then, after about 2 minutes, the icon goes dark again as if it's downloading and I can't open the app, even though if it's still open in the Multitasking menu, I can access it that way.

If I then delete it again, it will appear by itself about 2 minutes later but again, just sits there stuck on Waiting. No matter how many times I delete it, it just reappears. It doesn't happen with any other apps or downloads from the app store

Has anyone else seen this or experienced anything like it? I don't really want to have to restore again, but if it seems like the best option then I guess I'll have too

Thanks guys

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Try rebooting your phone.

3. Steedie86 thread starter macrumors member

Steedie86

Sorry should have mentioned I've tried that, both with it deleted before it returns, and when it's installed

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Sign out of the iTunes & App Store in Settings, then sign back in. Just trying to suggest everything I can think of short of a restore. This has solved a similar problem for others before.

5. Soundflunky macrumors regular

Have you tried anything in iTunes, like downloading it to the computer and syncing your phone?

6. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

It is possible the BBC News app needs updating for iOS7.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

wait until around the 18th and get the updated app

8. fmalloy macrumors regular

This is one problem with upgrading early. You think "Oh, cool, I've got the real deal - the GM!" and you assume no problems. Then, you find your apps don't work because they're not going to be updated in the App Store until sometime next week just before the public release happens.

GM, Beta, whatever - you install before the public release date, you're very likely going to have issues.