Infuse 2 Fully Redesigned for iOS 7 - Now Available

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by firecore, Dec 3, 2013.

1. firecore macrumors 6502a

firecore

[​IMG]

Infuse 2 for iOS has been redesigned from top to bottom for iOS 7, and now features the ability to stream from other devices such as a Mac, PC or network drive.

Infuse 2 is free
    We think Infuse 2 is amazing, and want to allow as many people as possible to enjoy it...so we've made Infuse 2 a FREE app. With the free version you can play everything the normal iOS player can, plus use additional features like drag-and-drop browser uploads, on-the-fly subtitle downloads, trakt scrobbling, and more. No ads, no gimmicks...just a great free app.

Infuse Pro
    For those looking to get the most from their videos, we're introducing a new premium option dubbed Infuse Pro. Infuse Pro adds the ability to play additional video formats, stream from network devices, enable multi-format AirPlay and much, much more.

Infuse Pro is one-time In-App purchase, and is now available at an introductory price of $4.99. However as a way of saying thanks, Infuse Pro is a FREE upgrade for those who purchased Infuse 1.5 or earlier.

About Infuse
    Infuse for iOS is a new way to enjoy media on an iPhone and iPad. Gone are the days of stark white and gray layouts, Infuse wraps your favorite videos in a warm bath of artwork along with pertinent video details for a truly visually engaging experience. Designed for film buffs and casual users alike, Infuse provides a powerful set of features that are drop-dead simple to use.

Key features

• Play a wider range of video formats such as MKV, MP4, WMV, AVI, and more.
    • Browse videos in a visually engaging layout with auto-added artwork and movie info.
    • Stream videos to the big screen using robust multi-format AirPlay.
    • Stream content from most any Mac, PC or network drive.
    • Transfer videos using a standard web browser, no iTunes required.
    • Enjoy videos with enhanced mobile surround sound, powered by Dolby®.
    • Download and add subtitles with ease.
    • 'Scrobble' plays and post ratings/comments to trakt.tv.
    • Add videos from Dropbox, Google Drive, iTunes, email attachments and more.
    • Much, much more!
    Device requirements
    Infuse 2 requires an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch running iOS 7 or later.

Availability and pricing
    Infuse 2 is now available in the App Store as a free download.

The Infuse Pro In-App purchase is currently available at an introductory price of $4.99.

Download Infuse 2 for FREE
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id577130046

2. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

It's a nice app but badly needs a folder capability to organise videos.

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Speaking of this, any plans to introduce for example filename-based folder listing? With TV series, I'd prefer a way to see the season / series number right in the list, without my having to hunt down the particular file by tapping all the candidates to see their detailed view, including the filename.

Also, is it possible to make the new app compatible with OS versions prior to iOS7? 1.5 works great on iOS6 WRT for example native AirPlay playback and will strongly recommend that version to be run on old OS'es - nevetrheless, are you using iOS7+ only APIs in the new version, which would make it impossible to make it more compatible with prev. OS versions?

BTW, I'd too prefer folders...

4. firecore thread starter macrumors 6502a

firecore

One thing we are working on is a list view option, which could be selected in place of the poster view. I think this might help achieve what you're after.

Anything is possible, but porting iOS 7 specific changes to older versions is much easier said than done. It's not out of the question entirely yet, but probably not very likely.

Planned for an upcoming version. :)

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I meant mostly new functionality (additional streaming and stuff), not necessarily the iOS7-like "clean" view.

6. firecore thread starter macrumors 6502a

firecore

We'd have to look into this. As far as I know, Apple requires the app to match the submitted screenshots, so I'm not sure we'd be able to have 2 different designs depending on the iOS version.

7. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

BTW, many other apps use iOS7 look-and-feel on earlier platforms; e.g., the new versions of AVPlayerHD.

I haven't played with converting my apps to the new look-and-feel yet so I don't really know about Apple's stance in this regard.

8. firecore thread starter macrumors 6502a

firecore

Right...it's not entirely out of the question, but since Infuse 2 was a total redesign it would have just pushed the release back substantially had we chosen to add support for older versions from the start.

9. yousifabdullah macrumors regular

Hey,

Infuse 2 looks really cool, I just have one problem. IT policies at work prohibit me from purchasing IAPs, so I can't upgrade to pro on my work-issued device even though I'm allowed to purchase 3rd party apps for personal use. Any plans to roll out a separate "Infuse Pro" paid app on the App Store? Thanks.

10. firecore thread starter macrumors 6502a

firecore

Hmm, not sure of a good way around that, and I don't think we're planning to release a separate Pro version. Sorry. :(

11. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Will Infuse 2 Pro automatically deinterlace 1080i content? Also, can it Airplay a 1080i mpeg2 .ts file?

Thanks!

12. firecore thread starter macrumors 6502a

firecore

Not at this time. Sorry.