Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Infuse 5.4.5 with a handful of nice improvements and fixes is now available.
https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! :cool:

DEp3VIcVYAAdM7x.jpg

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Will I be able to play mkv files stored on an external flash drive (Kingston Hyperx) and connected to the Ipad Pro through the USB 3 Camera Adapter?
Or from an SDXC card connected through the SD Card Adapter from Apple :).
I know there are OTG flash drivers but I would like to use my existing one.
Thanks

Reactions: firecore and max2

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Will I be able to play mkv files stored on an external flash drive (Kingston Hyperx) and connected to the Ipad Pro through the USB 3 Camera Adapter?
Or from an SDXC card connected through the SD Card Adapter from Apple :).
I know there are OTG flash drivers but I would like to use my existing one.
Thanks
Not at this time, but I'll pass along the idea and see if we can look into this for a future update. Thanks!

Note, you can use SanDisk iXpand drives in the current version.

Reactions: max2

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I guess subfolders will never become a feature. Folders within folders I mean.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
It's been a busy summer so far here at Firecore HQ, and today we're proud to announce Infuse is graduating to version 5.5 and getting some pretty fantastic new features.

Drumroll please...

All-new Library (aka, the new-new hotness)
Last year we introduced our new Library option on Apple TV, and today we're making it available for iOS! Library is an awesome new way to browse, search, and discover your content. Items are automatically grouped into categories, and the Up Next list is prominently displayed on the new home screen - making it easy to find something new and fresh to start watching.

infuse55-library_2x.jpg

Browse using Smart Filters
Tagging along with our new Library is a neat way to browse by using filters. These are created from your Library automatically and with just a few taps you can quickly filter by genre, rating, release date, and age rating. Want to see lists of Comedies? How about movies that were released during the 80s? Just tap, browse, and play!

infuse55-genres_2x.jpg

Tidy up sequels with Collections
Collections are a super-handy way to see movies that are part of a group (sequels, prequels, etc..). Can't remember the name of Fast and Furious 2, or the first Bond film with Roger Moore? No worries - simply jump into Collection to find what you're looking for in a snap!

infuse55-collections_2x.jpg

A little bonus for AirPlay & Google Cast
A slick new screen with artwork and light metadata is now displayed while streaming via AirPlay or Google Cast. Note, this was actually added in 5.4.5, but we liked it so much we thought it deserved an honorable mention.

infuse55-airplay_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
Faster metadata fetching, a sleek new dark mode, better search, and a number of other improvements and fixes have been packed into this release. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Do more with PRO
Infuse gets even better when you go Pro, and when you download Infuse 5 you can test drive all the awesome new Pro features for an entire month, for free!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions - so please feel free to post a comment below or drop us a note anytime.

Last edited:
Reactions: eclp

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Very good, love the app!

Any chance of keyboard shortcuts for the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard? All I really want is space to pause lol.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Can you please include the note about Apple TV 4K support in the main release notes on your site? Seems like an important one worthy of a mention.
This should be visible if you tap the Apple TV tab, as iOS and tvOS have different release notes. ;)

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
This should be visible if you tap the Apple TV tab, as iOS and tvOS have different release notes. ;)
Ah, didn't notice that they are separate tabs. That's what happens when you don't like flat interfaces with no visual clues :D

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Infuse 5 can't play 2060p 4K video without stuttering or where audio is not in sync.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
For example this YouTube 4k 2160p video
played locally in Infuse Pro only uses S/W decoder and not H/W decoder like other videos :(

BTW download YouTube 4k 2160p video with a free trial of IDM (Internet Download Manager)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
For example this YouTube 4k 2160p video
played locally in Infuse Pro only uses S/W decoder and not H/W decoder like other videos :(

BTW download YouTube 4k 2160p video with a free trial of IDM (Internet Download Manager)
Are you playing the VP9 format of this video? Unfortunately HW decoding of VP9 is not available on Apple devices at this time.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Are you playing the VP9 format of this video? Unfortunately HW decoding of VP9 is not available on Apple devices at this time.

Yes VP9 format.

How do I get another format of the video in 4k 2160p if possible ?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Fall is the air, leaves are changing, snow is on the horizon...and Infuse 5 is getting some exciitng new improvements in a huge new update.

A fresh new look
Introducing the all-new Infuse with a fresh new look built around the videos you love. We've taken the best parts of Infuse, rebuilt them from the ground up using modern frameworks, and made many other fine adjustments to get things just right. And of course, 5.6 looks great on the shiny new iPhone X.

infuse56-x_2x.jpg

Gorgeous HDR colors for all
In August, Infuse was the first to add support for HEVC video, and today we're proud to announce we're also the first to offer full support for HDR colors. Not only can HDR videos be played in their full glory on an HDR screen, we've also baked in dynamic range conversion so you'll get great color even when using older, non-HDR devices. No fiddling with transcoding or other quirky settings - just play the videos you want, and Infuse will handle the rest.

infuse56-hdr_2x.jpg

And much, much more...
Many other changes are packed into this release, such as a more efficient video playback pipeline, improved subtitles, and many other under-the-hood improvements to keep things working smoothly. A complete list of what's new can be found here.

Do more with PRO
Infuse gets even better when you go Pro, and when you download Infuse 5 you can test drive all the awesome new Pro features for an entire month, for free!

We always love hearing your comments, feedback, and suggestions - so please feel free to post a comment below or drop us a note anytime.

Reactions: mi7chy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.