Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Really wish there was a way to shuffle all tv shows like native plex
Shuffle/loop is something we hope to look at for a future update.

In your case, would you like to shuffle episodes in a series, episodes in a season, play a random episode of any series...or all of the above?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
All of the above to be honest.

I have little kids, and have about 10 different series of shows for them containing 300+ episodes, in native plex you can view “all” and then “shuffle”. Or you can open a particular show and shuffle episodes. Same with movies, you can shuffle all movie files so that it just continuously plays.
Shuffle/loop is something we hope to look at for a future update.

In your case, would you like to shuffle episodes in a series, episodes in a season, play a random episode of any series...or all of the above?

Reactions: firecore

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
All of the above to be honest.

I have little kids, and have about 10 different series of shows for them containing 300+ episodes, in native plex you can view “all” and then “shuffle”. Or you can open a particular show and shuffle episodes. Same with movies, you can shuffle all movie files so that it just continuously plays.
Got it. This is very helpful feedback. Thanks!

as4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
It happens randomly but I would open the app and none of my movies show in the library and I would have to refresh whole library. Anyone else having this issue?

andrewstirling

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
It happens randomly but I would open the app and none of my movies show in the library and I would have to refresh whole library. Anyone else having this issue?

Happened to me twice in the last fortnight. I put it down to being on beta software but maybe not.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO

Happened to me twice in the last fortnight. I put it down to being on beta software but maybe not.
The most likely cause of this is your device is running low on storage space, and tvOS is ‘helping’ by clearing up some disk space for other apps. We see this sometimes when a lot of apps are installed, or if the apps you are using are caching a lot of data (IPTV apps, games, etc...).

One of the big things we're working on for Infuse 6 is an all-new iCloud implementation which will greatly assist in cases where the Apple TV does remove Infuse data, as Infuse will be able to quickly download this info from iCloud instead of having to scan all your files again.

We expect to have Infuse 6 available in early 2019, so please keep an eye out for updates. In the meantime, you may look at removing apps you don't find yourself using, to avoid tvOS from having to clear out your data quite as often.

andrewstirling

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
The most likely cause of this is your device is running low on storage space, and tvOS is ‘helping’ by clearing up some disk space for other apps. We see this sometimes when a lot of apps are installed, or if the apps you are using are caching a lot of data (IPTV apps, games, etc...).

One of the big things we're working on for Infuse 6 is an all-new iCloud implementation which will greatly assist in cases where the Apple TV does remove Infuse data, as Infuse will be able to quickly download this info from iCloud instead of having to scan all your files again.

We expect to have Infuse 6 available in early 2019, so please keep an eye out for updates. In the meantime, you may look at removing apps you don't find yourself using, to avoid tvOS from having to clear out your data quite as often.

I guess it’s possible. I downloaded an app which checks storage and I’m sitting at just over 9gb free though. I’m on the beta so just put it down to glitches with that.

Reactions: firecore

Bucks_Fizz

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2018
Hi, As you are working on a shuffle mode, would it be possible to perhaps look at adding a music video section? Would be great to have a library of music videos and press shuffle...

Great program

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
I've been uploading videos to Google Drive and streaming from there. It works, although the initial directory scan is rather slow. I'm having issues with sorting though. List view works as it should, but thumbnail/cover art view splurges files into one massive unsorted list. It's an odd one, as I have some of my directory folders as I should, but most are exploded into the root.

Last edited:

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I've been uploading videos to Google Drive and streaming from there. It works, although the initial directory scan is rather slow. I'm having issues with sorting though. List view works as it should, but thumbnail/cover art view splurges files into one massive unsorted list. It's an odd one, as I have some of my directory folders as I should, but most are exploded into the root.
The new 5.9.2 release has a number of speed improvements for Google Drive, so you may try updating if you haven't already.

With regard to sorting, it may be best to drop us a note with a few more details about what you are seeing so we can help troubleshoot further. https://firecore.com/contact

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Happy 2019! Our first update of the year is here and includes faster download speeds, improved iPad Pro support, and a few other fixes.

https://firecore.com/releases

Enjoy! :)

Dv6mLCHUcAAGfWe.jpg

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
Some movies will stop and get an error randomly then when I go back to the main menu and play them again they work. Any reason for the random errors?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Reactions: BeefCake 15

chublet

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
A great app and I hate to keep asking but is there any update on Atmos support or are Apple keeping it locked down?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.