Ingear Polarize Shell Full Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techdude6693, Feb 17, 2011.

1. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Overview

The Ingear Polarize Shell is a unique take on a case, Its basically a Matte Finish TPU case but on the back, the upper half is a clear plastic window to show off some of the phone. The case can be found at Ingear's Website and Comes in 4 Colors - Black, White, Blue, and Pink. The retail price is $18.99 and inside the packaging, you'll find a crystal screen protector

[​IMG]

Close-Up Look

Looking around the case, at the top there is a covered up sleep/wake button and an open cutout for the headset jack and second mic. The headset jack has a medium sized cutout, its not large, but not too small either. On the left side there is a opening for the ringer/vibrate switch (Won't accommodate the Verizon iPhone) and covered up volume buttons. The buttons are extremely responsive and tactile. At the bottom there is a large cutout for the microphone, dock connector, and speaker, and on the lower right side of the case, the Ingear Branding is embossed into the case. The back is where most of the action is, The top half is a clear plastic shell and the bottom half is a ridged matte TPU material. The bottom half helps you to grip the device and the top half lets the Apple logo shine through. There is also a large pill shaped cutout for the camera and LED flash, and thankfully there were no issues using the flash in low light situations.

[​IMG]

Pros/Cons
    +Unique Design
    +No Camera Flash Issues
    +Tactile Buttons
    +Good amount of lay on table design
    -Plastic Back Scratches Easily and has slight rainbowing effect in bright light
    -People have complained about Plastic back separating from TPU
    -Fit and Finish isn't as tight as I'd like it to be

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Some Extra Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

So much for originality. Bu then again all case manufacturers copy one another to some extent. Especially the smaller guys.

Belkin Shield Eclipse
    [​IMG]

4. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

LOL! yup definitely not much originality goin on over here. Good case review though.

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

6. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Nice review. I'm not a huge fan of the case myself.

7. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea its similar to the Shield Eclipse, but there's a couple key differences,

-The TPU on the Belkin is Shiny and Slick like an iSkin, and on this it is Matte like the PixelSkin HD
    -Comes with a Screen protector and retails for $6 less
    -The Plastic window is more resistive to scratching than the Shield Eclipse I had
    -A bit thicker than the SE

8. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

I've also tested a Belkin Shield Eclipse a few months ago and had some problems with the screen protector film, moreover I agree with @techdud6693 the clear plastic window is pretty fragile.

9. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816