Initial Battery Optimization

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freediro, Jun 21, 2009.

1. freediro macrumors member

freediro

Hello,

i have just purchased a MBP13" (LOVE IT) but i want ot make sure i am starting off correctly with the battery.

first by fully charging in, then letting it stay connected to a power source for about 2 hours, then running if only off the charge and then before it goes to sleep, from using its charge, turning it off, finally charge it back up and use it however i would normally use it.

Is the best way, just looking for a little assistance, thank you.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

All you really need to do is charge it up to 100% and then run it off battery until it completely depletes and goes to sleep. Then let the computer sit for a few hours (not charging) until the computer turns off and then charge it back up and use normally.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've always just topped off my batteries first. I don't see the obsession with battery calibration, etc.

4. ColinEC macrumors 6502

To add to his question, is it okay to just plug it in right after it goes to sleep? Or could this just be done later in the day (or night while I sleep)?

I'd be too excited to use the new computer that I couldn't stand waiting until the battery died :D

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you have the time I'd wait until the computer shuts off, otherwise just use it and don't worry about it.