Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I've had iOS 7 installed in my iPhone 5 for around an hour now, and I most say.... I absolutely love it!

It's so clean and classy. I don't think you can cast an accurate opinion until you have used it yourself, the screenshots don't do it justice.

I'm glad to say I am extremely happy with the direction that Apple have taken with iOS and I look forward to the upcoming betas.

- A very happy iOS 7 beta user :D

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
i think for the first beta it's very very good. of course there are a few things that need to get polished... but that'll happen sooner or later.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
If I recall correctly I don't remember iOS 5 and iOS 6 beta 1's to be so prone to crashes. It's not a surprise here since iOS 7 has revamped so much, but I feel like the last two major releases had much more stable beta 1's. Otherwise it's not bad and pretty usable as a day-to-day OS, as have been previous developer iOS betas in the past. I will say I also love the new direction iOS has gone with 7, a revamp of the UI was much needed and I love the design so far.

Luuthian

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2013
Same here, using an iPhone 5 with iOS7 and loving every second. More than stable enough to work day to day until the final release.

I think the jury is out on games since only so many seem to work correctly, but most important apps, such as Facebook, work just fine. I'm also impressed with the battery life. Feels no different from before even with all the GPU intensive UI features.

Definitely glad to be on board. This is is essentially everything iOS needed for the time being. Now they just need to fix the bugs and optimize.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So there's a difference of opinion when actually using the OS vs looking at a static photo of the home screen. Thought so.:)

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Could be more stable as the firmware on the iPhone5 is more so than previous models.

That's my theory.

Agreed. I just loaded it on my iPhone 4 and I wouldn't classify it as stable enough for day to day use. Of course, it's Beta 1, so…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.