iPad Initial Thoughts upgrading from iPad3 to iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ASUgrad1999, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ASUgrad1999 macrumors regular

ASUgrad1999

My thoughts upgrading from the iPad 3 to the iPad Air 2:

The difference in weight and thickness is MUCH more noticeable than I anticipated. It almost feels like an iPad Mini by comparison.

This thing is SMOOTH! No delays, no crashing, super fast (AC wireless). I put up with the lagginess of the iPad 3 far too long!

The screen is better, loving Touch ID, ability to use Air Drop with my iPhone is huge.

Also loving the iPad Smart Case

Only negative is the vibration from the speaker, which is a pretty big deal. Some might find this a real deal breaker. I'm probably going to put up with it, given all the other positives and hope they can remedy it through a software update (?).

Overall very happy with the upgrade.

2. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

Except for the vibration, I love the Air 2! The vibration bothers me enough that I'm thinking of returning it. So, I've started using the 3 again.

The Air 2 is obviously far superior. Speed, thinness, weight, able to run latest iOS smoothly. When I started using the Air 2, I thought the screens were about the same. But,now that I'm using the 3 again, it's obvious that the screen on the Air 2 is noticeably better.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Vibration doesn't bother me, since I'm rarely holding my iPad when playing through the speakers. But I can easily see why it bothers others.