Injustice: Gods Among Us

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SilentPanda, Apr 18, 2013.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Did anybody pick up Injustice? I was on the fence. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games but I do like DC Comics. I had seen one video that just showed a lot of the mini-games (there are 240 I believe) so that made me not want to get it. But then I read/watched some reviews and well... it's installing now from the PSN.

2. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Yeah. My son and I went to a midnight launch at a Gamestop. They had a tourney leading up to midnight. Neither of us won, but it was a blast.

The game is pretty nice.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I loved the demo on PSN, but can't decide whether to pick it up tomorrow on PS3 at €54.99 or wait till next week and get it on the Wii U for €49.99 .......

4. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

So far it's.... okay. Again, not a huge fighting game fan but while admittedly only 5 or 6 battles in, this is the first time I've felt like there is a story. It flows very well from battle to battle in single player mode.

5. Kurri macrumors 6502

yeah it think its ok. i'm not a huge fan of fighters though either. I gotta say, some of the moves are really hard to pull off. I think if you are a fan of fighters you should really like this game.

6. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

I'm pretty sure that which is one of most pretty badass fighting game on console after MK. I think game has been developed by same developer anyway. I got iOS Version of that as far as I've played game, fight maneuvers are cool and special combos are good as well though that's tedious unfortunately... What about online mode of console version ? Has anyone played online yet ?

7. twietee, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Yup. I'm quite pumped for this one. First pics I saw suggested some Tekken like 3d stuff, which I don't like that much. But after seeing some youtube vid it seems to be MK down to the bone. :eek: :D

Is it true though taht Wii U can't handle/won't receive any DLCs (Lobo being the first one)? Would be a major bummer if true.

edit: just read past 20 pages of some Injustice thread...this will get preordered today! Haven't played beat em up's too much in my life and am much more about Marvel (98%), but this looks just gorgious. Read some link that DLC/additional characters are likely coming for Wii U, too.

8. Kurri macrumors 6502

On the back of the wii u game box, it says DLC content...but maybe you cant believe everything you read? Its strange that you cant get a DLC pack for the wii u

9. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

^ see (part of) my edit above. couldn't imagine it being true before, but what do I know, read pretty much about Fifa14 not coming to Wii U, too...

Anyway, you actually played it?

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I picked it up on ps3 yesterday, may trade it next week to get wii u version later for off TV play.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Great game, first beat em up in ages I've truly loved. Even just popped down €15 for the season pass and €2 for the Zombie mode and dark batman skins.

12. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Z-z-z-z-zombie mode?!

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep.... Turns all the combatants into zombies lol. You gotta have a zombie mode :D

14. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I wanted to hate it. I was so dead set against enjoying it, because of the comic lead up and how Lois got "fridged".

Then I played through the story mode. I love it. I love it so much. It reminds me of things like the Crime Syndicate of Amerika, and the Justice Lords, and the idea of Kal-El going dictator just worked. I wanted to murder dark Kal-El after what he did to Billy.. gaaahhh it still makes me angry (but I freely admit, I'm an old school Marvel Family fangirl, I'd love to see Mary Marvel as a DLC).

What I didn't like, was how Wonder Woman (both light and dark) were nothing more than set pieces. I get it all the fanboys fap to Batman, and he's the moneymaker, but seriously, how hard is it to write a great Wonder Woman. Hell, it can be done, Greg Rucka and Brian Azzarello did it in the comics, and Paul Dini and Lauren Montgomery did it in animation. It wasn't like an inherent bit of sexism, because they did a great job writing a D-list villain like Killer Frost, and the Dark Earth Harleen actually made me like Harley Quinn.

All in all, the fighting mechanics were great, tho I noticed it tended to be more difficult for my casual fighter friends. I really enjoyed this as a fighting game and as a DC comics game.

I'd say a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

15. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Oh, I want this soo badly right now. :D Can hardly wait till 26th. Also quite glad I didn't even think about getting the Marvel Battle for Earth fighter, and i say this as a former Marvel fan boy.

16. Kurri macrumors 6502

Its a ton of fun. Great fighting game. Although, the wii game pad is a bit big for me for this game. Gets uncomfortable after awhile. I think this game would be best on the pro controller. This is the first game I have played on the wii u where the gamepad just didnt feel right

17. TedM macrumors 6502

it looks ok. I'm not super into fighting games though so I might pass on this one.

18. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I think $60 is a bit much. But Toys R Us has this on sale for $35 starting this Sunday. They also bundle a figurine (Batman) for free. Much better deal.

19. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

I found out about the sale just hours before it ended. I snapped this up on Saturday for $35 and enjoying it on the Wii U.

Will have more thoughts when I play it more - initial impressions are great. I can already tell I'm gonna spend countless hours in this game. The online multiplayer for Wii U was quick and effortless.

20. twietee, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013

twietee macrumors 603

twietee

$35? Oh my, I paid that and more in Pounds. But was an excellent buy nevertheless. Think I've almost finished the story mode and checked out some STARS missions, too (good idea btw). Am I right in thinking I'll get additional costumes that way? Lobo and Batgirl are the next characters to be available. Don't care about the latter but Lobo will be absolutely awesome. :cool:

Is it actually possible for let's say having a MR online tournament for example? Or are you guys just challenging random folks?

Btw. characters I'd like to see:

Lois (!)
    Swamp Thing
    Mad Hatter

Rorschach + The Comedian (special guest appereances)