Ink enabled when using Microsoft keyboard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mercellus, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Mercellus macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an odd situation. I purchased a Microsoft Digital Media Pro 3000 keyboard today (great boxing day sale for $14.00!) and noticed that in System Preferences I now have an option for Ink - this wasn't there before and it disappears as soon as I unplug the keyboard, does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Sounds like a preference editor for the keyboard. did you install anything when you got the keyboard? I have a logitech mouse that had some software with it to make changes to the buttons and such.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Unless he's talking about Inkwell.

4. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

No, I didn't install anything with it at all. And yes, it is the native Ink functionality in Mac OS X (Inkwell) that is becoming enabled when the keyboard is plugged in.

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

That could be it. I don't have it enabled in my Sys Pref. because I don't have anything to use it with. Kinda why I forgot about that option... :D little snipit of what it does

6. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

Oddly enough I don't have anything that can utilize it either, I mean it's a keyboard for crying out loud! :p

7. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

There's something about the keyboard that Ink likes. They are in love, awwww :p

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

LOL. When are they getting engaged? :D

9. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

Later on in 2009 when Keyboard and Ink decide to make a pen and tablet so that this whole thing would make sense. Haha!

10. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

ROFL

11. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm I think I might just take the keyboard back. I wonder where I might be able to come across one of the older style Apple Pro keyboards, maybe eBay?

12. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

You don't like the keyboard? Is Ink causing problems? Or are you jealous of the relationship that has formed between your keyboard and Ink... :D

13. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

No it just bothers me, plus some of the functions that are supposed to work don't.

14. faizan macrumors newbie

faizan

I've noticed the same problem when using a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard. For a moment I was a bit too excited. I thought that Apple had somehow sneaked in an update that makes use of the large unibody trackpad as a tablet.

:(