Ink jet printers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Macintosh Sauce, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Macintosh Sauce macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

Well... I was going out to get ink for my HP 7310xi All-In-One printer, but it is too damned expensive IMO! Thankfully, I was watching an informercial from Kodak the other night and discovered the EasyShare 5500 All-In-One ink jet printer. Cheaper than what I paid for my HP and the ink is over 50% cheaper! $9.99 MSRP for black ink and $14.99 MSRP for 5 colour ink. The ink they use is not cheap garbage either. I ordered it today and should have it next week sometime via free ground shipping. Note: The drivers are updated for Leopard!

Here are a couple of pictures from their website... The cool thing is that they have a slot for printing 4x6 inch photos - this makes it unique when compared to other printers like this. This is going to be nice when I get the new Pentax K20D (coming in the new year) digital camera (DSLR) - 14 Megapixels. I want to get back into photography but I want a digital SLR. Hopefully, I am going to get it before my wife and I go to San Francisco during the spring break.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

While I'm sure this printer will be nice for day to day printing, I'm equally sure that it won't do your new camera justice. You should really think about getting a high quality photo printer with papers and printer profiles suitable for such activities.