Ink/Printer question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rondofan9, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Rondofan9 macrumors member

May 8, 2011

So I see this "refill kits" If I bought the cartridges, and those refill kids, is that my cheapest option. I won't be printing very frequently at all, just school stuff. Just looking for my cheapest scanner/printer combination option. This scanner/printer/copier is $30 and ink seems fairly cheap?

Idk, if you guys can find a better deal or help my ink dilemma let me know.
  2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Mar 2, 2008
    Always a day away
    I've never seen ink compete with a laser printer on a cost per page basis - that, and the quality of ink printouts is right up there with hammered dog **** - but hey, for thirty bucks, what have you got to lose? If you're happy with it, then you're a winner; if you end up not liking it, you haven't invested too much.
  3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    totally cool
    I've tried the same route with my HP laserjet. The cartridges are about half or two-thirds the price, but I noticed they didn't last as long and the ink quality would be inconsistent. I feel you, dog. To replace 4 cartridges on my new laserjet is almost $400.

More to consider:

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

Mar 22, 2008
    On tenterhooks
    If you don't need colour, the OEM cartridge in my LexMark laser printer gives ~1,500 pages.

And the "ink" doesn't dry-out and clog.

Might last you through school.
  5. jsolares macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2011
    Land of eternal Spring
    i have a ciss (continous ink supply system) for my multifunction wireless hp printer, ink is cheap that way, granted it's not the best quality, but if it starts printing too poorly i can just buy new cartridges and connect the tubing to it.

something like: