Inklet Transforms Your MacBook's Trackpad Into a Pen Tablet

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by applemike, Jan 13, 2010.

1. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Trying to draw something with your MacBook's trackpad can be a hassle, but this user-friendly app makes it as simple as can be. Called Inklet, it "uses the multitouch trackpad interface to sense where and when you're touching the pad, and then translates that into drawing marks just like a Wacom pen tablet."

Inklet requires Snow Leopard to work, so if you're running anything pre-10.6, you're out of luck. The software is $24.95, and their website has been brought to its knees by recent press, so you can download it from Apple's site if you can't reach it the official way.

[​IMG]

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/...rms-your-macbook-s-trackpad-into-a-pen-tablet

2. sweex macrumors member

3. applemike thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

I have no idea... i Juts saw this on techeblog and thought id let others know, im sure you might find one if you google it or something.

sorry i cant be of more help

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

For that price, I think it's pretty awesome. For hardcore artists I think you would still go with an external tablet but for those who want to doodle, I don't think you can go wrong if it's pretty accurate.

5. Trexznl macrumors member

It might just be the lack of drawing talent of the guy in the video, but it seems pretty inaccurate and fiddly to me; everything you'd expect of drawing on a trackpad which isn't made for the use of anything smaller than a finger.

Still, the idea behind it is really innovative! And the software - judging by the demo - looks to work quite okay, except for the drawing part itself.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I wish they gave a dpi measurement for the sensitivity so it could be compared to something like the Wacom Bamboo.

I mean, I know that would be Apple's spec moreso than the Inklet guys, but at least some way to compare would be great!