Inline graphic in iMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AppleInLVX, Apr 5, 2016.

1. AppleInLVX macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

Was wondering if anyone knew a way to include a graphic inline in iMessage? I'd like to send some custom emoji, and failing access to unicode, I thought I'd try simply attaching a photo version. I have the graphic file created, but each time I attach it from photos, it makes the emoji huge, in spite of the fact that its designated size is 4mmx4mm @ 326ppi. Does iMessage ignore these and make every photo the same size no matter what?

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

You might need an app that facilitates creation of custom emojis.

3. AppleInLVX thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

I was hopeful that wasn't the case. Ah well. Thank you for taking the time to respond. :)

4. now i see it macrumors 65816

The emoji below is 51x51 pixels. That's 4mmx4mm @ 326 ppi.

image.jpeg
    iMessage renders an image not by ppi dimensions, but relative to a "normal" conventional computer screen resolution of around 96 ppi. So it looks like a normal screen image.

The screenshot below is an iMessage with that 51 pixel emoji attached. iMessage doesn't support inline graphics. They are sent above the message if composed inline, or under the message if sent after the message.

image.jpeg

5. AppleInLVX thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

Thank you for this, it's great information! I'll give it a shot and see if I can get it working. Cheers!