Inlliscreen X or LockInfo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ponderous, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Ponderous macrumors regular

I've used the trial of Intelliscreen X and am now trying LockInfo. What's everyone's preference specifically with 4s and notification center?

Thanks in advance!

2. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

LockInfo

While I've never actually tried ISX, LockInfo already does everything I want it to do. I've seen screenshots of ISX here and there and it doesn't seem to do anything new that I'd want. I don't really care for RSS feeds, Facebook, or Twitter enough to be ready to glance at at any moments notice. I'm okay with unlocking my device and looking at their respective apps (Flipboard, Facebook, & TweetBot).

My most used feature of LI would probably be mail previews and it works great from wherever I am, wether it be from the lockscreen or within another app. I like that I'm also able to mark the email unread/read and delete the email all from withtin the preview. Since I haven't used ISX, I'm not sure if these features are included but like I said, LI already does it and it works.

Some other features I like include integration with the Calendar, Reminders, & biteSMS. I also use the repeating alerts feature within LI. It's more customizable and also allows me to repeat calendar alerts & reminders. Push alerts from 3rd party apps are also well integrated allowing for Tap to Launch and an option to clear badges upon dismissal of the notification.

These are just some of the features that keep me from switching from LI. Again, I've never tried ISX but LockInfo works great for me already.

One more thing, the developer of LockInfo, David Ashman, seems to be very involved with his userbase and does a great job of communicating. He's never failed to respond to any of my support requests and bug reports.

3. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I tried ISX for the day and I must say its really nice. The app is fluid with iOS 5 and the integration of Messages+ makes it worth the $9.99.

However, I just installed LockInfo and I like it. It's not as nice as ISX but it offers all features that ISX has--with the exception of top shelf--for $7.99.

I still haven't decided which one I will be buying but they're both worth the money.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If you're really into social media with facebook and twitter, get ISX. If not, get LockInfo.

I use LockInfo but the one thing I wish it had that ISX has is the quick reply/compose feature for texting.

5. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Go away troll, I am VERY interested in this thread as I'm ready to buy one, or the other.
    Sure hope guys post their opinions on this subject :)

6. steven5210 macrumors member

I tried looking through the options but I might've missed it. Is there a way to possibly lower the frequency of the weather widget refreshing rate on the lockscreen on Lockinfo? Everytime I check my lockscreen I notice that it is using data and I've noticed an increase in battery drain.

7. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I noticed this as well. Messing around w the settings, it seems you might have to disable the weather plugin until there's a fix.