Inn app purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oliveredmunds, May 5, 2015.

1. Oliveredmunds macrumors newbie

Hopefully this is in the correct section sorry if it isn't!

I regularly play a game on my Iphone 6+ but the game has now stopped working and constantly crashes and freezes when I try to use it, I have tried deleting it and re installing it but no luck.

I have bought a few in app purchases on the game within the last 14 days and with the game not working I contacted apple asking for a refund but they said I wasn't allowed one and to look at the terms and conditions.

What are my options now?

2. kargurin macrumors regular

kargurin

This is one area where Android trumps Apple. If you were to explain that story to the Google people (and, yes, there is a phone number you can call to talk to a real person) there would be a good chance you would get some or all of your money back. I know because I've done it a couple of times. As long as they know you don't have a record of repeated refunds they will likely accommodate you. Apple seems more of a monolithic shadow organization that's gonna call the shots and you will like it. What was it that Jobs said. Something along the lines, 'customers don't know what they want so we will tell them.' BTW, I never liked Apple's app policy....with Android you at least have 15 minutes to decide to get your money back. I expect you're gonna be stuck with the bill on this one. Bad :apple:

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Did you update your iOS version and the game as well?

4. Oliveredmunds thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep tried updating everything and nothing lets the game work.
    I have spent close to £800 in the last two weeks so for it to not work is a lot of money to loose. I paid on a Credit card and I am based in the UK if that helps at all.

5. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Call the CC company and block the charges. See what happens.

6. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

What game are you spending that much money in? :eek: Have you tried contacting the dev and advising them of the crashing?

7. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

What exactly are you trying to get refunded? The game was probably free and by the sounds of it you've bought and successfully used a heck of a lot of gems or tokens or magic ding-dongs. What is it that you paid for but did not receive the benefit of? It might help to clear this up to know if you should try approaching Apple again. I've had refunds from Apple for other unfair circumstances without even asking for a refund.