Innocase II Surface vs. Incase Slider for 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Speedracer04, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Anyone use the Innocase II Surface? Ive heard lots of good things about the Incase Slider, and a couple recommendations about the Innocase. Anyone ever use them? Impressions?

2. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Seidio's Innocase review by itsmemorphious at youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWDidU04kGc

Incase slider review by itsmemorphious at youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHsLIA4GcPs (white)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQFfKxv_x8 (not a review but
    unboxing of gunmetal slider)

I'm also torn between the two because Innocase seems to be really snug as well,
    plus it doesn't really add bulk to the iPhone. More concerned about the scratches
    at the back between the 2 cases when you lay it on your desk.

4. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

HAHA same here, i like the Seidio i just dont know what to choose anymore.
    How good of a company is Seidio ?

5. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Seems like alot of companies are trying to make it like the slider. Good for competition.

6. dannyar macrumors 6502

just ordered the black with the holster combo. Itsmemorphious' review convinced me. I seem to have a very similar taste in cases that he does and he loved this case, and he rarely "loves" cases. Seems thinner than any other case out there for this type of case. The holster combo is what really sold me. I love holsters and having one with a very slim case that shows my apple logo sold me.

7. Nicholie macrumors regular

The Innocase and its holster look awesome... but its 50 bucks. Very expensive.

8. dannyar macrumors 6502

i dont think its expensive at all. The incase slider alone is 35$ with no holster. So for 15$ more you get a real nice holster and a much sleeker case.

9. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

dannyar let us know when you get the case, maybe post some pics , like compare with another etc. i may want to order this :)

10. Pared macrumors 65816

Ha, great thread.

I'm stuck as well. Keep going to Best Buy to get the Incase Slider and I never pull the trigger.

The Seidio has me very intrigued. Not sure which I'd prefer. The felt on the inside of the Seidio seems better than the rubber rails on the Incase. But I had the Incase with my iPod touch and I loved it.

I'm so torn! Ha..

11. dannyar macrumors 6502

Ill tell you what, you cant go wrong with the slider as your secondary case either way. I have a white slider and i really love the compact feel of it. I ordered the innocase to be my primary because of a couple things. 1 i love having protection but with the most minimalist of design and ive seen and compared the innocase to the slider and the innocase is actually thinner than the slider. Its also easier to take off and put on and the felt is better than those rubber rails. The innocase feels almost as if you have no case at all. Think of the air jacket by power support but with more coverage around the edges of the phone and a slider design. The 2nd thing i love is holsters. I love me a holster and give me a holster that i can use along side a compact case without a hitch and ill take it any day over my Rebel,Colors,Neo,Slider.

As soon as i get mine ill post up an in depth review along with some pictures and side by side comparisons with some of my other popular cases.

12. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

The innocase 2 definitely looks very thin and nice. I was about to get the SGP ultra-thin case for my phone: http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_65/products_id/277

The SGP case is very thin but doesn't protect the chrome like the innocase 2 does. I wonder how much extra bulk the innocase 2 adds? IMO the slider case not only adds too much bulk, but it doesn't add any rubbery grip. It's like making your iphone bigger and slipperier!

13. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Thanks dannyar i look forward to your review.

Wonder if the iphone with a full body zagg would fit in this case.

14. dannyar macrumors 6502

Unfortunately it will not fit with any body shields. I tried it with a bestskinsever on my phone using my friends innocase and it was so tight it would not go in all the way. IMO the skin is meaningless if you plan on keeping this case on at all times like i intend to.

15. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Yah none of the skins seems to be working with any slider. That's good in a sense since they make the sliders very form fitting. You can only use screen protectors with any slider.

16. dannyar macrumors 6502

even with a screen protector im having a hard time with the slider because it keeps lifting my screen protector around the edges when i put it in my slider. i think its because the slider has those rails along the side that hit the screen protector

17. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Try putting on the screen protector after while the slider is on your phone. That's what I did and it fits perfectly!

18. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Anything yet ? looking forward to the review.. I only seen one from itsmemorphious so far..

19. SpookyET Guest

Innocase would be cooler if it came in white, and came with a screen and logo protector.

20. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I should have my Innocase shortly (found it cheaper from an authorized Seidio reseller on ebay). I'll try to post something resembling a brief review once I get it. I just hope I don't have any trouble putting it on since I already installed my Power Support anti-glare screen protector. I guess I could always take it off and put the spare one on (it's not like I did a perfect job installing this one) but if I somehow screw that one up, I won't have another one to try.

21. Amon37 macrumors regular

I don't like how you have to take the part of the case of to dock with the incase.

22. dannyar macrumors 6502

Mine should be here tomorrow or no later than friday. as soon as i get it ill post some pics and a review. Im also awaiting another bestskinsever front, since no screen protector ive tried except that one will work with the incase slider or the innocase. Both cases seem to pull up the screen protector at the corners and sides causing bubbles because the case slides along the rails.