Innovation in China for Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbookuser1, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macbookuser1 macrumors newbie

So I stepped away from my Macbook Pro for a time to eat some breakfast. I came back knowing it would most likely be in sleep/screen saver mode or whatever you want to call it. I did as I normally do and pressed the space bar in order to wake it up. This time, however, an odd blue screen popped up but only for a second.

Nothing is wrong with my laptop and it's working perfectly fine. It's just that I've never encountered this screen before and I'd like to know what it is and if anyone else has ever encountered this. It was only on briefly and all I could catch were the words "innovation in china for mac." lol what the?

It was a blue screen that resembled a PowerPoint slide. Has anyone else ever seen this or have a clue as to what I'm describing? As mentioned previously my laptop is working fine and this was simply an odd occurrence I'd like an answer to. Thanks in advance.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes it normal. I often see this blue screen for a moment I'm booting up my computer. If it hangs at the blue screen, then you have an issue; otherwise it's fine.

3. macbookuser1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, yeah everything is in working order so I'm all good apparently. Do you know what it is though? Thanks for the quick response.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The blue screen is normal when switching display options (I.E, plugging in an external monitor) however have never seen the text you're referring to.

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Sounds like you saw the screensaver my friend. It sounds like it's the RSSVisualizer screensaver. You can check what screen saver your mac uses by going to applications/system preferences/desktop & screen saver

6. macbookuser1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I've had that blue screen before when I hook my laptop up to the television or something, but it was never like this. This occurrence was like a PowerPoint slide - that's the best way I can describe it. It was really weird lol.

----------

Possibly. I didn't even think about that. I'll check that right now, thanks.

Edit:
    YES! That's exactly what it was lol. The screensaver was set on random and the RSS must've been picked evidently. I take it that screensaver is like some kind of news feed or something?

Yep again. For reassurance for myself here's what it actually said: "Innovative Education in China with Mac."