input jack going bad

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gowanis, Dec 21, 2007.

1. gowanis macrumors 6502

my left channel keeps cutting out...

i thought it was my headphones - this is common with sony "street style" headphones after owning for a long time - this is how they die. but i tried brand new headphones and realized that its the device.

i should add... when the jack is not moving i get perfect sound. but when it starts to rotate i get static and crackling and in some positions the left channel is completely gone. this can be really annoying when the thing is in your pocket and you're walking around. for now, i can keep readjusting it, but this is a problem.

what can i do ? am i screwed? i've had the thing since the first day of release.

2. aft macrumors regular

wow that really sucks....this is definetly something that the 1 year warranty should cover....take it back before it is too late

Sorry

3. gowanis thread starter macrumors 6502

do i take it back to best buy where i bought it, or would i go to an apple store? or do i have to mail it somewhere? thanks.

4. iwannamac macrumors member

Mine died the same way last night. I posted a thread related to it. It's probably only a matter of time before it goes. If you live near an Apple Store, take it back. If not, call Apple Care to set up a repair. Good Luck!

5. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

Mine did that, twice. First time, it started working again, so I ignored the problem and my Best Buy return period ended. Then it failed again, so I took it to the Apple store. Once there, it was working again! A week later, you guessed it, it failed again. This time I took it back and they replaced it. Mine wasnt playing out the left side headphone.