Input Requested on iPhone 5S Battery Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFalcon, May 6, 2015.

1. iFalcon macrumors regular

Hi -

I'm looking for some assistance on what all would suggest. I have a iPhone 5S running the latest version of iOS.

I've been experiencing very quick discharge of the battery. It no longer can make it through the day or also is completely dead when I wake up in the morning. I always charge it to 100% before bed.

We've tried different Apple chargers with no change in behavior. I've also restored the phone from a fresh copy of iOS (not a backup) with only the default apps, but the battery behavior is still the same. I've also noticed the back gets extremely warm to the touch.

I took it to Apple today and ran the diagnostics. They didn't find anything that exceeded their limits, but the battery usage graph they showed to indicate very quickly discharges. 1% every 2-3 minutes.

Does anything think just paying the $79 to replace the battery would help?

Thanks.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If there is an Apple store near, take it to them and they will tell you if the battery is bad. It might be even covered if it was included in the battery recall

3. AppleOprah macrumors newbie

He said he took it to Apple for diagnostics. There are no 5S batteries included in the program only iPhone 5.

4. nox5 macrumors 6502

You need to download ibuckupbot and see charging capacity under more info by using this popular program.

http://www.icopybot.com/download.htm

5. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all.

Well I did decide to have the battery replaced just to see. However the same result. Silly idea, but I'm fortunate to afford the &79.

The back of the phone gets extremely hot. The battery percentage drop about a 1% every 3 minutes with just normal on screen time. No music, browsing or games.

Very bizarre.