Input switch for monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by curiosa863, Jun 3, 2007.

1. curiosa863 macrumors member

I got the go ahead at work to start using my ibook. The IT guy said i'd be better off working in terminal for our DB than in the QAD program they run on the windows machines.

I will have to keep the windows machine around because there is an .exe that i have to run on it. I would really like to use the monitor for my ibook as well as the pc... i'm wondering if i there is some type of switch so that a monitor could be plugged into both my pc and ibook at the same time. I only need to see the pc interface a couple of times a day.

Thanks again, if anyone can help me with a solution its you all!

2. curiosa863 thread starter macrumors member

i'm looking at a couple from tigerdirect. They are made by a peripheral company i've never heard of, Trendnet. Anyone have experience with these products?

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Any KVM will work fine. Make sure it supports the same type of monitor though ie VGA vs DVI.

4. curiosa863 thread starter macrumors member

I'll be at this job for only 2 months... so i won't be able to get a switch purchased for me. Will i regret buying a switch with my own money? Should I just be tough and use windows for two months? I could just be thankful that i can have my ibook here at all, so what if i don't have the peripherals and monitor... but then again, i've never worked on a mac on anything but my 12 inch screen, so maybe i should spoil myself.