Inputing circled numbers in leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chstr, Dec 1, 2009.

1. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

is there a way to type a number and have a circle around it in leo? kinda like @ symbal but with a number in the middle? hope this makes sense. by the way, this is for indicating a string number in notation.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can do this in LaTeX, but I don't think there is a "standard" way to do this outside of a program that might offer the feature.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The ones that are in the font base can also be accessed from the character palette, although you'll have to hunt through to the page that has them. You could conceivably then keep this open and use it.... IIRC, if they do have shortcuts from the keyboard, the character palette will also tell you what they are at the bottom.

4. chstr thread starter macrumors 6502a

chstr

I found the font and tried copying them but coudn't. I need to be able to type or paste the numbers onto a website called www.noteflight.com. is this doable?

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Open the font dialog box and at the bottom left corner click the little gear and select "characters". From the next pop up select "Digits" and pick the number you want,, If you are going to use often you can save as a Favorite from the little gear at the bottom of that box.

Attached Files:

6. chown33 macrumors 604

System Preferences > International > Input Menu tab.

In resulting list, check Character Palette is on.

At bottom of pane, check "Show input menu in menu bar" is checked.

Subsequently, choose Show Character Palette from menu.