Inquisitor 3 issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac000, May 18, 2007.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

The software isn't working like once before. I"m not getting the full search results when i type anythign in ( no icons and para phrasing etc.) also if i go arrow down and click on a suggested result it will just take me to google search results as a new reloaded page.

I've tried uninstalling and installing again but nothing, can someone guide me to get inquisitor running up @ 100% again, thanks.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oooh, perhaps this is a result of the changes to Google's main web search tool? Maybe whatever Inquisitor is extracting those descriptions from is not working, as a result?

I was going to say that there must be a corrupt plist or cache, but this is much more logical, as that just happened...today, right?

5. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'll e-mail the developer with a link to this thread, FWIW.

Here's a screenshot of the sort of thing I get now...

[​IMG]

7. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Ooo - same here. That's a bummer. Looks like DW has a little updating to do :)

9. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

10. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

i'm getting the same thing. i don't get anything on my macbook pro

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

12. steely macrumors member

Actually, I believe mkrishnan is right about this. Those of you who are having problems, try going to the Inquisitor tab in your Safari preferences: I'm betting you have the Source dropdown set to "Google (US)". Switching the Source to, say, "Yahoo! (US)" should produce the full search results again. psychofreak, I'm guessing you have Source set to something other than "Google (US)". "Google UK", perhaps, given your location? Notice that the Google UK search results pages haven't been given the subtle changes that we've seen recently on the US results pages.

Can't explain why you've been having the problem for so long, mac000, however.

13. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

True, that would "fix" the problem, but since I'm in the US and prefer to use Google....Google (US) is really the option I want ;)

14. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

15. steely macrumors member

Just providing an explanation. Like you said earlier, we'll have to wait for DW to update the Inquisitor software before Google (US) produces the full results again.

16. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks that did the trick for me.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That fixed it for me as well! Thanks for the suggestion! :) I hadn't realized that option existed! :eek:

18. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just an update, I got a popup informing me that there's a new Inquisitor build. I'm not sure if it was written to address this issue, but I do note that I changed back to Google (US) and it's working again. :)

19. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I believe it says in the release notes that it was released specifically to fix the Google (US) problems. Whatever, works again for me now, so I'm happy :)

20. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

IMHO, Inquisitor 3.0 seemed to have been buggy. I just Upgraded to 3.1 (build 54) and everything works fine now :)

As a matter of fact, Safari as a whole was acting really weird under that version of Inquisitor, too! Did anyone experience slowdowns, or other weird things happening, such as the highlighting of text (on wikipedia, for example), or the very slow link-tabbing when on facebook, or the fact that you couldn't drag and drop ANY images from the web onto your desktop, or anywhelre else for that fact?

21. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

I have the same issue still. How do I fix it? I have the most recent version (v54). I am using Google UK right now (which I don't like since Im in the US).