Inquisitor stops working properly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oldmoondog, Mar 5, 2009.

1. oldmoondog macrumors newbie

I have had inquisitor installed and working for months with no problems. For no apparent reason it has stopped working properly. In that it only shows one link "local" and when clicking on this nothing happens. I had downloaded release 58 and Safari is 3.2.1.
    Any ideas??:mad:

2. JustinGerard macrumors newbie

my problem too

This has happened to me too, it's REALLY ANNOYING.

[​IMG]

bump.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Trash Inquisitor and download Glims. It's written much better, and hasn't been bought and crippled by Yahoo. Of course, I know you might prefer to get Inquisitor working, which might be possible by making sure you have the latest version and you're not trying to search Google (since they appear to have removed that functionality), but I personally recommend Glims instead.

jW

4. thisoldman macrumors newbie

Add me to the list

I also have Inquisitor stop just as described by oldmoondog. But it works just fine on a different user account on the same computer, which makes it a localized problem, most likely permissions snafu. Using Inquisitor v58 on Safari 3.2.1 on OSX 10.5.6. If someone knows or can find the offending preference or conflict, I would appreciate it.

5. hndn macrumors regular

How do I remove Inquisitor? I don't see it in the "internet plugins" folder.
    Thanks.

6. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Had the exact same problem and solved it by re-installing it. Of course, Safari 4 came out next day and after updating to it found out that Inquisitor didn't work with version 4...a couple of weeks later a new version of Inquisitor came out, which is compatible with Safari 4, installed and everything works perfect so far.

HTH