Insane Antutu Gpu Score for the new iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by abn5x, Nov 6, 2018.

1. abn5x, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

abn5x macrumors member

abn5x

2. frostbit3 macrumors member

I'm curious how this translates into real world performance. The GPU benchmarks are awesome, but I want to see what it can do in actual performance. Microsoft made a pretty bold statement of "Xbox One S Performance" so i'm curious if we'll actually see that kind of graphics performance out of games.

3. abn5x thread starter macrumors member

abn5x

I think that what apple said, was on overstatement as the current gen consoles have more RAM, so they can load more high quality textures, but overall I think there will be some amazing games coming to the iPad Pro in the future, the actual problem is that Devs are making games for the common lowest denominator.

4. Marzel macrumors regular

I mean it's up to app developers to take advantage of the new iPads. Also, even if the graphics performance is comparable to Xbox's, you'll need a pretty big budget to develop a comparable game that obviously the iPad's hardcore games market doesn't justify.

5. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

Depends. If you have the 6GB model it might be close. I wouldn't doubt the overhead of the Xbox OS (whatever it's called) is higher than that of iOS in terms of RAM usage as well. And if we're only talking about 1080p graphics, they don't need to be crazy. For instance my One X has four times higher resolution but only 50% more RAM at 12GB. Might affect draw distance or texture pop-in by a small amount.

--

To respond to the OP, there probably won't be many games that can take advantage of this for a while.

6. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502a

Finally! I been waiting fora damn reviewer to run this one

7. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

Microsoft didn’t make that statement. Apple did and Ubisoft ran with it stating their crappy mobile game is running at 120fps. Of course it was, it’s a crappy free2play mobile game. I wanna see this try and push something real like a quality console level game. Otherwise the GPU is just untouched unless you’re using CAD or Photoshop type design apps.

8. frostbit3 macrumors member

Yup, you're right. Meant to say "Apple" not M$, not sure why I put M$.

Thanks

9. unobtainium macrumors 68020

No games will take advantage of it. The install base is too small. Most games target the mid-lower end of iDevices.