Insane excitement! Your plans for watching today's *2015 rMBA* event?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jobsian, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

Hopefully we're finally gonna see this rMBA, I can't imagine Apple giving Dell such a head start with their beautiful XPS13. To be honest, I'll follow the Apple Watch stuff too but I can't imagine buying one (yet!), it's all about the MBA for me, have been waiting years to upgrade mine!

Excited? You bet!

I've booked time off work, have bought some snacks - popcorn, drinks, think I'll get fast food of some sort, maybe kfc, will also be streaming the event from my MBA to my 50" plasma, with Macrumors tabs opened for the News discussion and MBA pages.

Can't wait to see Tim Cook walk onto the stage after whatever song he decides to play, massage our minds with his twang in his quarterly report then tease us with what we already know's coming, Phil Schiller to shuffle on stage and blow us away with its brutal specs in his techie understated way, Craig Federighi to lighten the mood with his software comedy act, hopefully with that chest hair, then finally the lovely Jonny Ive to darken the mood again with a sombre video summarising the disturbing perfection that allowed the rMBA to be crafted in its Final Form.

Have are you preparing to follow this event? Have you taken time off work/school? Called in sick? On your phone at work/school? Inviting anyone else? Tell me the exact flavor of chips

2. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

I'm also excited about how the stock market will react to the presentation on Apple's new devices.

3. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

Knowing Apple, it'll probably continue to rise again after the recent slide. Still not sure about the Watch though...

4. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

If it can read my heart rate accurately on my wrist I will buy one. I'm excited about the Apple watch possibilities. I wonder how Wall Street will react to it. I bet there will be a slow decline as investors start to worry if it will sell well.

5. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

That would be my bet too. Never know though - to be honest I thought the same about the original iPad, how wrong I was!

6. Nee412 macrumors 6502

I will be watching the event this evening both out of curiosity about the watch, and in hope for something more from Apple.

I want to see the rMBA, but I just have a feeling we'll be disappointed.

7. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

The fact there's only a display leaked so far is a little bit worrying (eg compared with the 2010 MBA redesign where the innards, battery layout were leaked beforehand. Maybe they have doubled down on secrecy (read the lengths they went to to prevent Apple Watch leaks!)

----------

Ps my popcorn's caramel cashew :D

8. SmOgER, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

SmOgER macrumors 6502a

Well one thing for certain we will surely see the non-retina MBA refresh with broadwell-U CPU and slightly larger battery. 2 MBA updates in one event (which is intended for Apple watch as a whole) would be huge, so I can certainly see why some people are sceptic about seeing the rMBA in today's event.

PS.
    [​IMG]

Not sure about this one, but it's probably a silhouette of "A" (as in "Air") which is hidden in this image.

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

10. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Not interested in the least. I'm happy with my 11" MBA and cheap Casio watch. :p

11. benzkid89 macrumors member

benzkid89

Since it requires Safari and I am at work I guess I will either watch it on my iPhone or watch CNET's coverage. I am interested in buying my first Mac even though my current 5 year old HP is still rocking well. Well the battery is shot which does limit its portability. In regards to the Apple Watch I am curious but I prefer the look of the Moto 360 to be honest.

Between MWC last week and Apple today my new gadget mindset is coming out now.

12. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Small devices make the stock price go higher but if it's only a Mac then there's usually no excitement on Wall Street.

Old school techies like me who first studied computer science with equations using paper and pencil still like computers better than smartphones will be happy but Apple is pushing the envelope with non-Mac stuff and that's the direction the industry will follow.