Insane iphone 4 ebay prices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barroE, Jun 24, 2010.

1. barroE macrumors newbie

am i the only one who likes to search for an item on ebay after its just been released and laugh at the super overpriced prices? i mean come on $1000 for a 16gb iphone 4, thats pretty sad lol, at least its not as bad as that million dollar ipad that would be delivered to you by the person himself haha

2. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

For more laughter, add the term "Factory unlocked" in front of your search keyword.

3. barroE thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Built macrumors 68020

People are INSANE.

I was laughing earlier today...Followed an ebay link to a 1st gen 8GB still in the box...They had the bidding up to $860.00...The funniest part was that the top bidder had a feedback of 57, but ZERO percent satisfactory. :D

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Take it with a grain of salt MOST of those auctions are won by scammers located in Nigeria or Indonesia (most, not all).

6. gmurph1818 macrumors member

Take a look at your local craigslist. Its just as bad, someone here locally is selling a 32gb black for $1500 or highest offer gets it lol.

7. barroE thread starter macrumors newbie

haha the iphones on my local craigslist arent that high, but wow dont even get me started on the computers! $900 for a "gaming computer" with 2 gb of ram and a 150gb hardrive lmao

8. gmurph1818 macrumors member

9. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

I don't think they're going for that much. Look at the completed listings in your search. None of the BIN have been picked up. Average price is between 750-800 for a 16GB which isn't bad. A 150 dollar premium to get it immediately.

CL is the same. The LA area has some listed at 1200. I had mine up for 950 with ZERO callbacks. Just dropped down to 900 and had a few people email me.

10. barroE thread starter macrumors newbie

true about the $150 dollar premium but still your not getting it immediatly, it takes on average 4-5 days to get the phone so i say its better to go get one in person with a warranty but thats just me

11. eVolcre macrumors 68000

eVolcre

Oh, I personally wouldn't do it but if someone wants something TODAY and wants to pay for it, God bless the free market. Point is, you CAN'T go buy one immediately - they're not available. And the ebay ones do come with a warranty.

I'm sure I could get more if I went the ebay route or sold internationally, but no mood to deal with fees and scammers. I've heard horror stories about people filing paypal disputes.

eV

12. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

You mean like spending 10 hours in front of a computer to reserve a phone, then a night camping out to get that phone? Understandably the event/rush of all that can be fun to some, but to others maybe not so much... and in that sense you have to ask, what is that person's time worth?

People paying high premiums probably are attorneys, physicians, executives, business owners, etc, where $100/hr... $200/hr, whatever might be their intake. That premium they are paying might be pocket change and considered good value considering the alternatives.

13. Built macrumors 68020

<---------- Not me. I ordered from the comfort of my own home...and was already playing with my new i4 by noon yesterday.