Insane MBP Survival Story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by carryonplease, Nov 24, 2013.

1. carryonplease macrumors member

So I need to share a crazy Macbook survival story with you all. Disclaimer, do not try this at home.

Friday night, my band finished tracking and I brought my laptop and guitar out to my car. I put the laptop on top of my car and we ended up chatting for another half hour or so outside. So then I get in my car and start to drive home. Couple miles of back roads, then an interstate highway (495). As I am speeding up after the on ramp, my friend and I hear a clunk on the back of my car. We shrugged it off until I got home and realized my MBP was not in my car. The realization that it fell off and that was the noise was not a feeling I would wish upon anyone.

We decided to go back because I knew exactly where it had happened. It was foggy and raining lightly. About an hour and a half had passed. By some absolute miracle, I spot the laptop in its SOFT case IN the right lane just next to the solid white line by the breakdown lane. I pull over and run and grab it. As I'm running back to car I notice it is in one piece. I open it up and there was ZERO cosmetic damage. It was damp, but not soaked.

After a weekend of rice and fans, It is functioning 100% as it should. Knock on wood for a jinx thread but I think to make it this far is just unbelievable. I think Apple should use me for marketing haha.

2. sabbyp macrumors regular

3. Yell0w macrumors regular

It really is some good luck. I would have expected some type of ding or dent somewhere. Congrats and be more careful next time.

4. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Thanks awesome dude, glad to hear you didn't dent yours like mine!

5. azurexie macrumors newbie

azurexie

i think the more interesting question should be what case are you using.

6. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

My advice- put it on rice for a few more days. Just in case. I've also heard horror stories about macbooks that were liquid damaged, got put in rice, worked, but shortly corroded out when they were on. Don't want to damage the streak you have, right? :D
    Awesome story though.