Insanely Easy Way To Make Ringtones!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GotPro, Aug 4, 2007.

1. GotPro macrumors 6502

I've seen a couple ways posted about exporting playlists from the apple store to a text file, copying the links into safari 3, etc. etc. etc.

I think I have an incredibly easy way. :)

1) Download the DEMO version of Audio Hijack Pro. GET IT HERE!

(Note: The Demo of the Pro version only allows you to record for 10 minutes before it overlays the recording with noise... however, as we only need it for 30 seconds... this is not a problem ;-) )

2) Set Hijack Pro to automatically create a new file after 2 seconds of silence.

3) Hijack iTunes, visit iTunes store, double click any song to hear 30 second sample.

4) Rename Hijack audio file something that you'd like it to show up as on the iPhone.

5) Use your favorite tool to get ringtones on the iPhone.

I have actually purchased Hijack because I'm using it so much now to DE-DRM my itunes purchases... but I have literally several hundred ringtones from itunes within a couple hours of messing around with it.

Sooo easy!

2. b257177 macrumors regular

Not bad at all... nice job, sir. I also use Audio HiJack (I have Pro also) and use similar methods to capture audio samples. It works, thats for sure!