Insanely Quick Delivery Time - New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Althandir, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Althandir macrumors newbie

I can't quite believe how quickly this has happened, to the point where I'm trying to find out if anyone is in similar position.

Ordered my custom 2.8 ghz, 7200 rpm MBP on Monday 17th November. It shipped on Friday 21st and was apparently delivered yesterday. I ordered through PC World so I don't actually have the machine as yet as they need to send it on to me but am a little sceptical that it's been delivered to them already especially considering the long waiting most people here have been subjected to.

So, has anyone else had a ridiculously quick delivery time of one of the new Macbook Pros on a CTO? Mine was shipped by Kuehne & Nagel. It states delivered and gives the initial of person who has signed for it.

2. benjs macrumors regular

That's unbelievable! Here in Canada, I'm waiting for the "new" 17" MacBook Pro, where the only built-to-order feature I ordered was the matte screen... it's been three weeks tomorrow :( And this is with my dad, who owns the company, asking Apple to make this a rush job for me!

3. Althandir thread starter macrumors newbie

I know. It just seems too quick. That technically means it took Friday, Saturday & Sunday to get to England from where I presume they're still being made in China. It's mental - I could believe it if these were weekdays we're talking about, but over a weekend?? It just seems far too fast.

Guess I'll find out over the next few days though - usually PC World are very fast at sending stuff to us. If it arrived yesterday there's a possibility it could be with me tomorrow.

Anyone else had a similar delivery time? Or indeed, has anyone else's been sent via Kuehne & Nagel?

4. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

I one ordered a camera from an online store, paying nothing special for delivery, and it arrived about 6 hours later, the same day.

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Holy fook! :eek:

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

That was about what I thought at the time too! must have just hit the courier perfectly or something, never happened before or since though with anywhere.

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

PC World had your CTO model 'In Stock' which is embarrassing for Apple whom appears to actually place the build order when you click 'Buy' despite knowing someone will order the CTO configuration.