Insanely Slow iTunes Sync on new rMBP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by judgejohn82, Sep 11, 2014.

1. judgejohn82 macrumors member

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a 2014 13" rMBP (top model) as an upgrade from a 2010 13" MBP.

I copied all of my old data to the new Mac using Time Machine, and so far the new machine is running like a dream except for one big problem.

When I sync my iPhone 5 with iTunes, it takes literally hours to complete the sync (this morning I started syncing at 7am and it finished at 12.30). It is the same when copying music to the iPhone, I am currently syncing 44 tracks and it has taken almost an hour and still isn't finished.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I have restarted both the Mac and iPhone with no success. On my 4 year old MBP, the sync took minutes (if that).

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. djshack macrumors regular

Are you syncing via USB cable or WiFi? WiFi sync is incredibly slow (I had it run overnight once and it didn't finish a sync of 2000 songs). USB cable sync should not be slow, however.

3. judgejohn82 thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

Sorry I should have stated that I am syncing over USB using an official Apple Lighning to USB cable.

4. djshack macrumors regular