Insert Copyright Symbol Superscript(Above Line)

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by crismay101, Jan 7, 2008.

1. crismay101 macrumors newbie

Hi there well I know how to do this in every other program but seem to be baffled by this in Illustrator. I need to insert a copyright symbol but rather than inserting it on the line (glyphs menu) I would like it to be on the top right of the company name. This is all text and I have done it before as an outline on an old document I was editing small portions but on this new document I am not sure how to make the copyright symbol a superscript??

Probably something really easy but I can't seem to figure that out?? Thanks!:p

2. PupnTaco macrumors regular

PupnTaco

An easy way would be to set it using the Option-G shortcut, downsize it how you want it, then raise the baseline until it's in the right spot. Superscript almost always sets it too high for me, I like them flush with the top of the X-height.

3. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

Glyph in a separate text box, resize and move where you want.

4. shecky Guest

shecky

exactly. note the lower left control in the character panel, this is where you can adjust this. (apologies for my bad X-height line - i did this too quick!!) do not do what jerryrock suggests.

Attached Files:

5. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

you need to use a baseline shift to move the symbol up and down. They keyboard short cut is (select the symbol 1st) and press opt+Shift+up or down arrow.

6. dcubed20 macrumors member

Alternatively, if the font is OpenType, you can choose Superscript as an opentype alternative. That way, you don't have to deal with re-sizing or baseline shifting, and the change sticks with it if you resize the text. There are probably some other positives to doing it this way too, but I can't think of them right now.

You can access opentype alternatives through the little drop down menu from the character panel.