Inserting blank space before signature apple mail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by catgo, Nov 4, 2010.

1. catgo, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

catgo macrumors member

Hello, I've been wanting to insert a blank space before my signature when I compose a new email using apple mail. I try to insert a few spaces before my signature by going to mail>preferences>signatures, but once I compose a new email, the spaces are not there and the signature is on the first line of the message, prompting me to insert a few spaces before I can write.

Any help?

Thanks

2. cheef macrumors newbie

Hi there.

I too would like to know how to insert blank spaces before the signature in Mail. It's bourn from the fact that upon clicking Reply to an email the indented text is always just one line below your line of entry. I always end up hitting Return a few times to get a few line breaks in between my email and the previous.

Using a sig with some breaks in is the answer, but they don't translate from the sig to the email.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Works for me with OS X 10.6.8. If I put blank lines (returns) at the top of my signature I get the blank lines when I compose a reply or a new message with the signature either above or below the quoted text.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I can add returns to signatures in Mail 5.0 as well (Lion).