inserting logo onto video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ibook4a, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ibook4a macrumors member

hello

hoping you could help me.

I have access to Adobe Master Suite. I need to take a standard mpeg video and add a logo to the corner (bottom right)

I've managed to use encore to create a script that does this but i cant export it to a mpeg file again and if i try and create a dvd it comes up with a message saying that it cant transcode it.

Can anyone outline another way to do this.

all i want to do is insert a picture on top of a video and export it as an mpeg

thanks!

ibook4a

2. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

You could probably just use After Effects and layer it up.

-create a new composition
    -in the composition settings, make sure the timeline is set to the length of the video
    -import the video and image
    -drag both the video and image into the timeline
    -make sure the image is on top of the video, you may need to drag the image into the bottom right corner
    -export the composition

3. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I haven't used Premiere in a long time (and back then, it was on Windows with a Matrox RTX100), but I used to do this by making a 720x534 32bit TGA in Photoshop, with the logo where you want it, alpha channel everywhere else, drop it on the timeline over your video and export your timeline in whatever format you need.

4. prestonkd macrumors member

prestonkd

I have the Master Collection as well FCP and Media Composer. I use those two so am not real familiar with Premiere Pro. I just tried this to see if I could figure it out. It is not a problem to do it all in Premiere. Put your video on one channel. Put your graphic or logo on the one above it. Double click your logo clip to load it in the viewer. Click the "effect controls" tab. Adjust the scale down to the size you want. Lower the opacity down to around 45% or whatever looks good to you. Adjust the position sliders to put the graphic in the lower right corner. Export to Encore or however you would normally create a DVD. Hope that helps.

5. ibook4a thread starter macrumors member

it works!! have finally managed to do it with premiere pro with pleasing results. I did it using prestonkd's method in the end so thank you so much.
    i couldnt really get after effects to work + got a bit stuck with the tga photoshop thing. anyway thanks to everyone for the help

ibook4a