Inserting picture in email - frustrating as hell

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Deschodt, May 20, 2015.

1. Deschodt macrumors member

Hard to search on that and get my issue, so I'm asking here... When you want to insert a picture in an existing email, you tap/hold the background till a menu appears (select/select all/Paste >) and if you press the ">" you get to "insert photo or video"... That my problem... 19 times out of 20, I cannot press the damn " >" to get to the next menu in my iphone (Ipad is easier). I think I do, but the menu goes away. It takes so many attempts to get to menu #2 that it drives me nuts (flat finger, edge of finger) - it's close to the edge of the phone too... Am I the only person frustrated by this ?

I know I can pick a picture from the picture app and from there email it, but from email itself (say you just thought about inserting a photo), that's your only option.. Ideas to make this easier ? I have no issues with the keyboard so I don't think my fingers are at fault ;-) That damn arrow is so small and never works. If there's an alternative I'm all ears (and index fingers) ! Thx !

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Not sure what to tell you. I just tried it out and was 20/20 on hitting the > button to get the insert image option. Try with both eyes open to increase your aim :p (a joke, but I had/have no issues hitting the > consistently.)

3. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I have done this several times and don't think I have ever missed the arrow. Works the first attempt every time. Maybe an issue with your phone or your aim.

4. zone23 macrumors 68000

Maybe after the fifth time you should have tried aiming more to the left or right.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I recall you can also go to the Photos app, select a photo you want to view it, tap and hold to get a menu to come up where you can select to copy it, then go to an email and paste it in where you want it as you would paste text in. Perhaps that might be a better alternative.

6. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I'm assuming your phone is in portrait mode (can correct me if wrong), but have you tried to turn your phone to landscape mode to give you more room since "on edge of phone". Just a thought.

7. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

8. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502a

You realize you could just go to the photo in your camera roll and then go to share, mail, and send it?

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

By "existing email" the OP probably means a Reply or Forward.

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

This is a good tip, but rather than long press to bring up a menu, tap the Share button and then Copy.

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Dragging the cursors to copy a portion of text can be extremely niggling, but inserting photos in emails is child's play.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like that was addressed in the OP already as not being what is needed.

----------

Yup, either one of those methods should do the trick.

13. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

yeah i meant to add that if selecting multiple photos use share > copy (as i don't think you can get the long press menu in this scenario)

14. Deschodt thread starter macrumors member

I swear the phone is messing with me. I just noticed I can "slide" left on the menu selection to get to the second page of choices, so that works *a lot* better than the arrow. I would have bet $$ that did not work before, but clearly I'm wrong...