Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muffinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
San Diego, California
I saw Inside Man yesturday. I would highly recommend this movie. Along with being a very exciting action movie, it had a lot of parts where you had to stop and think. It's what I call a "thinking movie" because you sort of try to find out what the guy's plan is anyway.

Oops, well I forgot to tell ya'll the plot. Basically these guys hoist a bank robbery in the Manhattan Central Bank. They take everyone in there hostage. Through detective (Denzel Washington), the police figure out slowly, that this was never a bank robbery in the first place.

If I say anymore it'll give away the whole movie. I highly recommend watching this movie- its probably the best one out this year along with V for Vendetta.

Edit: Funny Quote:
Dalton Russell (Bank Robber): Soon I'm gonna be sucking down pina coladas in a hot tub with six girls named Amber & Tiffany.
Keith Frazier (Detective): No, it's more like in the shower with Jamal & Jesus.. and it wont be a pina colada that you'll be sucking!

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Yeah it was a very well done movie...intriguing heist but not overdone.

Then again I have a weak spot for heist films. :p

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Me and the missus went to see this last week. I was pleasantly surprised – it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Well worth the price of admission (especially as we got in two-for-the-price-of-one). :D

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
My wife and I just saw Inside Man last Sunday. I would rate it among the top 3 movies I've seen in as many years. Cinematography, plot, pacing and Washington were impeccable.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Ditto for the enjoyment - I love movies with twists, and a not so obvious plot. Not as fast paced as some heist movies I've seen which actually works for it!
Only moment of being slightly wierded out - when the mayor calls Jodie Fosters character "a magnificent ***" there was a guy on the back row who was cackling for about 5min at it...... slightly strange and worrying IMO!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.