Insight.com

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ilikebeer, May 3, 2011.

1. ilikebeer macrumors newbie

they have ~40 black 64GB WiFi models in stock, about one less than five minutes ago...

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

The stock must not be updated as it states 42 in stock. Also why does some random no name company have 42 while Best Buy, Wal Mart and Target are bone dry?

3. ilikebeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Uh, the inventory is real time. There were 43 before I ordered.

Insight has ~$5BB in revenue. It might be random and no name to you, but that doesn't mean it's random and no name to everyone.

You don't have to believe me, and you're certainly under no obligation to purchase from them. I posted only as a public service.

4. tritonj macrumors 6502a

lol, are you serious? "random no name company" insight.com is one of the big resellers in the US, just like CDW. and they are a publicly traded company on nasdaq. ever heard of the "insiight.com bowl"?

5. btrav13 macrumors 6502

Pwn't!

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Actually, yeah I am. I've never even heard of it. My apologies.

7. Codyormoe macrumors member

I was going to send the link to a couple people I know who might be interested but I can't seem to find an "Add to cart" button, even though they are showing as in stock.

8. ilikebeer thread starter macrumors newbie

You have to call them. The inventory on the website, though, is accurate (other than temporary caching).

9. tritonj macrumors 6502a

maybe you should at least try to get some additional info before spouting off comments like "no name random company"

10. dbarron, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

dbarron macrumors newbie

11. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I didn't mean it in a negative way. Honestly though, if you pulled 100 people and asked them if they heard of Best Buy or Insight.com, they're going with Best Buy. That's all I was saying. I just found it strange that if this is such a well known company, then why do they have that much stock while the ol' B&M stores are empty?

Other posters have already made me realize they are a reputable company and I appreciate them doing it in a pleasant way. I was wrong and I apologized for being wrong. What else do you expect me to say?

EDIT* Thanks to the above poster who posted the authorized reseller list.

12. tritonj macrumors 6502a

the reason why they may have stock is because their primary business channel isn't retail. they work in the corporate space. they still do retail business but they aren't an online retailer like newegg and zipzoomfly.

13. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up. 'Preciate it.