Insomniac Has Done It Again

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Oct 23, 2007.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

These guys are great....they entered the PS3 with a strong a titles R:FoM and now they give us RnCF:ToD...9.0 from gametrailers and 9.4 from OPM.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26714.html

I think this might be one of the lowest score this game receives....very beautiful game...only platformer that might outdue this is Mr. Mario himself.

Dozens of weapons....I'm going to have fun with this...my warhawk game time is suffering because of these games.

They deserve the praises....they've done good and has a spot on my top studio list....even if the "professional reviewers":rolleyes: think overwise.

Bless

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

The Ratchet & Clank demo was amazing, I can't wait for my import to arrive!

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Tooooo many games!! But I HAVE to get RnC :D

Looks like a solid solid game. Nothing revolutionary or next gen other than the sense of scale (though RnC games always had that) but judging from the demo it's just a perfectly 'perfected' platformer, and my god all the systems need one of them because there has been a distinct lack of in the last 18 months or so...

4. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Clearly a great game. This studio put out two great games in a matter of a year....thats class for you. I can't wait to see whats next for Insomniac.

R:FoM2?
    New IP?

October 30th can't come fast enough...

Bless

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I love RnC!
    Best games on the PS2, this is the only game worth buying (IMHO) for the PS3 at the time, Assassins Creed looks sweet too but I only have enough money for one Wii game.:(

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Getting it tomorrow :D I'm totally stoked for it, I was just playing R&C: Size Matters for my PSP so I'm in the zone

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

need my friend to buy it, and then go over and try it out!

darn girl, only liking sports games! :p

8. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

9. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

It pretty much got ratings of 90+% all over the place.....and Gamespot gave it a 7.5. Weird. Maybe the are a little biased after all?

I'm buying it one way or another - I love the demo! Sadly I will have to wait till mid November...or shell out an extra $15 for an import. We'll see... :D

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Same thing happened for Zelda: TP; GameSpot was the only one to give it less than a 9. I dunno if they like bashing on things that everyone else likes for publicity, or if everyone else is swayed by the hype and overrates it except for GS.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

GAMERTV on Bravo gave it a 3/5 rating. They said it's a solid single player game and that was it's chief problem. For a second generation PS3 title, and one who's previous two incarnations were both online on the PS2, they said it was really a let down to not feature any online component in this 'next gen' version of the franchise. If it had they would have given it a better score.

Fair enough comment. But I don't really care as I'm only concerned with single player.

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ That mentality they have pisses me off. Look, just because something CAN do something doesn't mean it SHOULD. R&C is a great single player adventure period. Better they do something well instead of shoehorning in more crap to fill bullet-points on a presentation.

Anywayz, about an hour in I really like it so far. Tons of crap blowing up is great. My only beef is the camera seems to bother me more than in the demo... maybe it just because of the levels? in any case it's a bit annoying...

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Different reviewers have different priorities I suppose. Don't expect Multiplayergamer.com (lawl) to give this or Galaxy high scores.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I agree...

Damn! about the camera. Keep us posted about that please... :eek:

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Utterly detest that mentality; why didn't they complain when Zelda: Twilight Princess wasn't online? :rolleyes:

If I'm buying a game for the multiplayer component, I'll expect online play. If a game is designed as a single player experience, online is a nice bonus but not expected.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True again, but there are some 'multiplayer' games that I really wish allowed singleplayer gaming offline with bots for example. I enjoyed UT2004 as much against bots as human opponents, and really wish WARHAWK had allowed bot usage so you could play single player.

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

it controls fine, I like that they give you the option of how you wanna rotate it (left to go right or left to go left) but I have found it gets a little lost at times so i need to babysit it a bit. Not game breaking at all but still, like the dudes on 1up said "aren't we at a point now where a good camera should be a given?"

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

True.... thank god it's not Sonic Hedgehog bad though... :)

19. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I really don't go to gamespot anymore after listening to their podcast where all they seem to do is rat on system(s) and praise another one.

They are the odd one out here....the game is certified goodness.

What gets me about these reviewers is they always flipflop.....Don't ever listen to "professional" reviewers...just go with what you want.

I rather have my platformers without the online multiplayer thank you and deducting points for it is just stupid.

Its an opinion and clearly other sites and gamers have a totally different opinion than theirs but oh well....I got the game(its badarse) and thats what matters.

Suspects I tell ya...

Bless

20. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Okay this is for anyone who played the game....lend me a helping hand:

I'm looking for the spare parts for my ship....Think i'm missing one more thing...anybody found them?

The guns in this game is cool...I've almost maxed out the ones I have.

Bless

21. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

I only tend to buy games that are one player. My lackadaisical approach and lack of skillz make it essential that I am the only witness to my repeated deaths and accidents (the dungeon in Zelda PH is driving me nuts right now).

Go Insomnia! This game, and an extra paycheck this month, might finally push me over the edge into getting a PS3. R&C has been an excellent franchise since day one and it one of the few platformer games that I've managed to regularly finish and enjoy.

22. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Timesplitters style? Loved that game...

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Yep exactly. Pefect Dark Zero has great bot's too.

When were all told how next gen is all about stuff like AI - I think it's criminal that Warhawk doesn't have bots but... hey ho

24. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

the more i play this the more I like it.

I love all the weapons since they are work really easily and really effectively. Plus the writing is pretty damn funny.